Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Crafty Stuff

Posted by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:42 AM
  • 12 Replies

My kids LOVE getting all crafty so yesterday I cleaned out a 3 drawer bin and filled it with paper, different projects, markers, crayons, color pencils, scissors, glue, etc.  and I told them they could use whatever they wanted as long as they clean up..I am hoping this cures the crafty bug they get where they steal all the computer paper from the printer (I am talking STACKS of paper 30+ sheets) to draw on lol.

by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TigerofMu
by Sonja on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:36 AM

How fun!  Yes, mine like to steal the computer paper too.  We visit this second hand store in town where they have school and office supplies sometimes, and they can buy a package of paper or a spiral notebook or sometimes even drawing pad for thirty cents!

new_mom808
by Andrea on Jan. 2, 2013 at 11:45 AM
2 moms liked this

We keep paper and colored pencils in DS's desk. I have to keep the rest of the supplies on a shelf in his closet. I cant imagine what a 4 year old can do with unlimited access to glue, markers and glitter. *shudder*

sunshine86912
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

hey now I said NOTHING about glitter..I have girls and there will be NO glitter in my house lol.  but they have glue sticks..they use then at school and so far have proved responsible when using them at home..so giving it a go..now if pictures end up GLUED on my wall..we will have issues lol

Quoting new_mom808:

We keep paper and colored pencils in DS's desk. I have to keep the rest of the supplies on a shelf in his closet. I cant imagine what a 4 year old can do with unlimited access to glue, markers and glitter. *shudder*

2-point-doe
by Bronze Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 1:18 PM

DD is 5 and has her own craft supply area in our craft room too. Mommy's stuff she has to ask before using. We use glitter glue instead of glitter. But she has decorative scissors, paper puches, stamps, stickers, tape, glue, staplers, oil pastels, acrylics, pipe cleaners, etc. DD is always crafting something. Since she does not have to ask to use most of the stuff, I am never sure what she will come up with.

egyptian_mommy
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 8:12 PM
My kids love that stuff too.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mommaFruFru
by Member on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:05 PM

my boys are like that too! i bought them 2 huge craft kits nad reems and reems of paper and books to color in,, they have full access to it anytime :)

though now i find glitter sequence and paper shards everywhere!

mhmomma
by on Jan. 2, 2013 at 9:44 PM
My kids love to be crafty. They have a whole shelving unit and cabinet area with supplies. You name it we have it. Oh and there is even more crafty stuff in the basement. My sin keeps telling me we need to find some boyish stuff
Vertical15
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 4:16 PM

LoL Mine do the same thing when they start drawing.  50 lages of paper later I'm like this has got to stop!  I try to do something "crafty" each week when I can or more often if possible.

sunshine86912
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:18 AM

the papre shards are about to drive me crazy lol

Quoting mommaFruFru:

my boys are like that too! i bought them 2 huge craft kits nad reems and reems of paper and books to color in,, they have full access to it anytime :)

mommaFruFru
by Member on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Thankfully. It's all in their room. And they can vaccum fairly well :)

Quoting sunshine86912:

the papre shards are about to drive me crazy lol

Quoting mommaFruFru:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)