Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Juicing

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:17 PM
  • 18 Replies

I just scored a sweet deal on a juicer!

Do any of you juice?  If so, what are your favorite combinations/tips and tricks?

by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vertical15
by on Jan. 3, 2013 at 10:33 PM
1 mom liked this

I've never done it but can't wait to see some ideas!

new_mom808
by Andrea on Jan. 5, 2013 at 12:22 PM

We used to juice a lot. Now just sometimes. One of my absolute favorites is apple, carrot and a little ginger. I've found that you can add fresh spinach to just about anything and cannot taste it. Cucumber has more flavor than you realize, and kale is great added to just about anything, but you have to remember to remove the center stem/vein.

The kids all love when I make popcicles out of apple and carrots, with a little of the pulp added in.

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 9:29 PM

We juice a few times a week. My kids' favorite is a mix of orange, carrot, grapes and apples.

We do a lot of different ones.

Blueberry, raspberry, strawberry and kiwi with half of a lemon and a bit of ginger

A V-8 type juice with tomatoes, carrots, celery, spinach

PrincessZ20
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Quoting new_mom808:

We used to juice a lot. Now just sometimes. One of my absolute favorites is apple, carrot and a little ginger. I've found that you can add fresh spinach to just about anything and cannot taste it. Cucumber has more flavor than you realize, and kale is great added to just about anything, but you have to remember to remove the center stem/vein.

The kids all love when I make popcicles out of apple and carrots, with a little of the pulp added in.

Oooh, those sound delicious!

I'll definitely have to try popsicles this summer :)  Thanks for the suggestion! 

PrincessZ20
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Oooh, that V-8 sounding one sounds delicious! 

So does the berry/kiwi one...and I bet the boys would love the first one too, lol.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

We juice a few times a week. My kids' favorite is a mix of orange, carrot, grapes and apples.

Blueberry, raspberry, strawberry and kiwi with half of a lemon and a bit of ginger

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:03 PM

My kids really enjoy juicing since they get to pick their favorite mixes. My 5 year old loves apple juice and I'll say this.... Store bought apple juice has nothing on freshly juiced.

Quoting PrincessZ20:

So does the berry/kiwi one...and I bet the boys would love the first one too, lol.

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

PrincessZ20
by on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Oh gosh, I can imagine!  I'm SO excited :)

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

My kids really enjoy juicing since they get to pick their favorite mixes. My 5 year old loves apple juice and I'll say this.... Store bought apple juice has nothing on freshly juiced.

Quoting PrincessZ20:

Quoting LntLckrsCmQut:

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Jan. 5, 2013 at 11:27 PM

We had a juicer, but it fell apart.  I've never really tried it except for the time we were using it for a ton of grapes we brought home and it died.

nonamegranny
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 3:08 PM

huggingHi! Well yes we Juice a lot. I love the Carrot , Spinach , Apple, orange and Stevia for sweetener . We juice about twice a week & use lots of veg, and fruit. Especiall the ones that you add Spinach apples different verges. It green and the color takes away the Hidden Spinach.  You know you can add Spinach in Chocolate smoothies,Chocolate Brownies. That I not a juice but ommm!Goodddd!

PrincessZ20
by on Jan. 6, 2013 at 9:59 PM

Quoting TigerofMu:

We had a juicer, but it fell apart.  I've never really tried it except for the time we were using it for a ton of grapes we brought home and it died.

What a bummer! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)