Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Daughter & Her Tonsil/ Adenoid Surgery

Good Morning Mommy's 

I had posted a post on here like a month ago due to my daughters tonsil and andenoid surgery

So heres the update!!! 

She was suppose to get this done on Dec 27th but the day of woke up sick and with fever so it was canceled. 

They rescheduled to January 11th. Which was yesterday. 

That had to be the most scariest shit very seeing her be put to sleep I broke down cause it hurt so much to see her like that, but that out come of it all was good and add both taken out tonsils and adenoids. We can home same day from the time we can home till about 1130 pm she was in no pain. 12 mid night came along and she was in a little pain so she said, I gave her some meds and she fell asleep. 

From her andenoid being taken out also she has a runny nose that will not stop running and is annoying the crap out of her, Is that normal have you been through this? 

From the time that we came home once again she has been drinking but wants no part in eating. She is a picky little girl but I have everything from Ice cream, to Icys, water  and all kinds of juices. She is drinking so that is one less thing to worry about. 

This has to be the most depressing phase I had very had to go through cause I hate seeing her like this. I know that she is big and brace and did a amazing job on the hard part which was the surgery its self but this whle healing part I think has to be the worse. 

This morning which is Day 2 she is in no pain so far today but I will take caution. I just want my little girl back to normal any mommy would hate to see their child like this. To many this isn't a big thing but to me it is and I don't think anyone well at least most understand how I feel. 

Anyway before I keep going on ill end it here I just wanted to give some of the mommys that have giving me advice and showed their support a little update THANKS A WHOLE LOT IS MEANS A LOT TO ME AND THANK YOU FOR LISTENING :0) 

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 9:53 AM
Replies (11-20):
AsAlwaysJacKiie
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Thank you Ladies it means a lot the runny nose isn't has bad any more ....But I have notice that she is only in a lil discomfort at night and shes seems ok during the day I just want her back to her normal self cause the mellowed out her is totally not my baby girl 

letstalk747
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:08 PM
1 mom liked this

ice creamshe will be all better soon

izzysmom1009
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
I told u them putting her under was the worst. Glad she's feels ok
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
egyptian_mommy
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 7:41 PM
I'm glad surgery went well. Hope she recovers quickly.
Danyell9301
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:15 PM

Both my girls have been through this. The older one did great, not much pain, and wanted a burger that night. The little one did not want anything nothing more than liquid everything for a few days. 

Smoothies is the only thing I would add for her. Let her help make them. For you, I would suggest a long hot bubble scented bath. You both are doing an amazing job at this. It is a scary thing, but now she will no longer get strep throat. 

The runny nose will stop soon. Feel free to message me. I will try to post some of the smoothie recipes for you.

new_mom808
by Andrea on Jan. 13, 2013 at 8:30 PM
Glad to hear it went smoothly. Thanks for updating.
MusherMaggie
by Bronze Member on Jan. 13, 2013 at 9:22 PM
I was scared to death when my son had his done. I felt I would be to blame if something went wrong because I had allowed the surgery. Thankfully, out outcome was also good!
PrincessZ20
by on Jan. 13, 2013 at 11:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad she's doing good!  My best advice is to stay ahead of the pain, and to make sure she stays hydrated.  Whe Alex had his out, I think days 2-4 were the worst, and I think that a lot of it was that he hated how the Lortab made him feel - I wish we'd switched to Tylenol sooner.  He didn't eat much until about day 4, so I really wouldn't worry about her appetite as long as she's drinking :)

Thanks for the update!! 

AsAlwaysJacKiie
by on Jan. 16, 2013 at 8:09 AM

OMG Girl I started shaking I thought I was going to have a fricking heart attack ...You were so right ...

& then she was still sleeping when in recovery and they said just let her wake up on her own cause its better that way and when she woke up outta 1 of the 100 times she was scaring the shit outta me i thought something was wrong...SMH!!!! 

Quoting izzysmom1009:

I told u them putting her under was the worst. Glad she's feels ok

sunshine86912
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 4:44 PM
How scary!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)