Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Fun With Food: 9 Wacky Mealtime Utensils

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.redtri.com/kids/fun-mealtime-utensils?utm_source=contactology&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=AllCitiesNewsletter20130111

Mealtimes can be tricky if you’ve got a picky eater. Yes, we know, you’ve tried everything: introducing veggies early, shunning sweets, singing and making goofy faces, and even promising a big fat dessert if they just eat three more bites. If you’ve run out of mealtime antics, don’t hang up your apron just yet; we have something for every picky eater. Check out these funky spoon and fork designs and let the little ones’ imaginations and appetites go wild!

What are your kids favorite utensils?

by on Jan. 12, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Replies (81-90):
Bmat
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:44 PM

Yes, they love the small forks and spoons. They actually pick them out of the drawer to use. :)

Quoting Vertical15:

Did you ever use the toddler ones?  I have those cheaper ones from IKEA but I'm not too big of a fan but the kids like them.

Quoting Bmat:

They are cute!  My kids just use regular utensils.

Vertical15
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

My 5yo loves when I give him the 'knife' to use.  Just enough of an edge to try to cut things himself. 

Quoting Bmat:

Yes, they love the small forks and spoons. They actually pick them out of the drawer to use. :)

Quoting Vertical15:

Did you ever use the toddler ones?  I have those cheaper ones from IKEA but I'm not too big of a fan but the kids like them.

Quoting Bmat:

They are cute!  My kids just use regular utensils.

slw123
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:03 PM

Those are cute, but I wouldn't buy them.

.Angelica.
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:39 PM

my 5 year old would love all those

alliesmom112
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:49 AM
1 mom liked this

these are super cute. My dd has a Minnie Mouse set she loves.

alliesmom112
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:50 AM

I know a little boy that love this

Quoting Vertical15:

For the eater who loves science, space, and Star Trek…
This awesome set includes a Star Trek Enterprise spoon plus an LED-flashing bib posing as a runway to ensure your little one gets all the grub into their destination. Think Geek has cleverly come up with this funky dup sure to light up any mealtime blues.

alliesmom112
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:50 AM

My dd would have loved these

Quoting Vertical15:

For the little eater who is a budding transportation enthusiast…
Sound Bites Spoons from Nuby are the perfect “first” spoons for toddlers 6 months and older. The soft tip is soothing to the little ones’ gums and shaped to deliver just the right amount of food for the budding foodie. The fun trains, cars, and airplanes designs come complete with their unique sounds to make mealtimes an interactive experience.

RobynS
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:08 PM

my DD takes forever. The rest of us are finished and have moved on and she still has a plate full of food. :/

Quoting Vertical15:

I personally don't mind that as two of mine eat really fast and always want to leave the table before the rest of us are done.

Quoting RobynS:

Personally, I like the construction ones. But this would only make my kids play at the table more--not get them to eat!

Vertical15
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 1:15 PM

Thats my 10yo.  I try not to push him too much because they csay its good to savor your food but sometimes it drives me nuts.  My younger two eat like their food is going to disappear before they get it into their mouths sometimes.

Quoting RobynS:

my DD takes forever. The rest of us are finished and have moved on and she still has a plate full of food. :/

Quoting Vertical15:

I personally don't mind that as two of mine eat really fast and always want to leave the table before the rest of us are done.

Quoting RobynS:

Personally, I like the construction ones. But this would only make my kids play at the table more--not get them to eat!

RobynS
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:30 PM

Yeah...I've thought of that, too. My DD isn't savoring, though. She's playing.

Quoting Vertical15:

Thats my 10yo.  I try not to push him too much because they csay its good to savor your food but sometimes it drives me nuts.  My younger two eat like their food is going to disappear before they get it into their mouths sometimes.

Quoting RobynS:

Quoting Vertical15:

Quoting RobynS:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)