Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids breakfast

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:42 PM
  • 121 Replies

What do your kids normally eat for breakfast?

by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mhmomma
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:44 PM

My kids are not big breakfast eaters. I try but school mornings are insane. They would rather sleep in lol. My son eats a breakfast bar and maybe some Cheerios. If we have pancakes and sausage. My dd she eats cheese stick and maybe some fruit. Once in awhile Cheerios. It's bad. Because I'm not a breakfast person at all. Give me coffee and I'm set. 

bellaamore
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:46 PM
My daughter doesn't do breakfast.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 3:14 PM

Eggs, sausage, potatoes, veggies (we eat a lot of veggies at breakfast),  grain free hot "cereal" usually based on either sweet potatoes or pumpkin.

This is one of our favorite hot "cereal" recipes.

Sweet Potato Porrage Recipe

Bake sweet potatoes until they are very soft.  

When cool enough to handle, peel the skins off.  Mash with a fork.  From here, add things you like.  I added ground sesame seed, crushed pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, sea salt, turmeric, dry ground chili, and butter.  Then I added a little cream, and about 2/3 C turkey bone broth to give it a porrage-like consistancy.  

I'm freezing it right now so that Sunday morning when all of my kid's cousins are chowing down on hotel-provided doughnuts and waffles, my kids can have a hot from the microwave nutritious breakfast.

mhmomma
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:31 PM

Sounds yummy. I couldn't eat it though :(

Quoting eema.gray:

Eggs, sausage, potatoes, veggies (we eat a lot of veggies at breakfast),  grain free hot "cereal" usually based on either sweet potatoes or pumpkin.

When cool enough to handle, peel the skins off.  Mash with a fork.  From here, add things you like.  I added ground sesame seed, crushed pumpkin seeds, dried cranberries, sea salt, turmeric, dry ground chili, and butter.  Then I added a little cream, and about 2/3 C turkey bone broth to give it a porrage-like consistancy.  

I'm freezing it right now so that Sunday morning when all of my kid's cousins are chowing down on hotel-provided doughnuts and waffles, my kids can have a hot from the microwave nutritious breakfast.

mhmomma
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Quoting bellaamore:

My daughter doesn't do breakfast.

My kids either. I kind of push it. School is busy they need something. 

eema.gray
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:38 PM
Coconut oil and milk can be subbed for the dairy products :-)

Quoting mhmomma:

Quoting eema.gray:

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:50 PM

Day to day usually cereal-whatever kind I have around which is usually cheerios, some type of Kashi and this week its Kelloggs Cruchy Nut cereal that I got free through another website I belong to.  They usually eat it dry or with almond milk.

My 3yo LOVES eggs and would eat them any day I make them (which is often) and toast.  Pancakes or waffles when we have a leisurely morning ahead.  Sometimes I toss in turkey bacon or sausage.

My 10yo likes those Jimmy Dean sausage egg and cheese sandwhichs but those are special occasions since I don't want him eating them daily.

mckinneymom918
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Cereal usually. Oatmeal. Blueberry muffins.
mhmomma
by on Jan. 15, 2013 at 5:41 PM

It's the sesame seeds and possibly the other seeds. 

Quoting eema.gray:

Coconut oil and milk can be subbed for the dairy products :-)

Quoting mhmomma:

Quoting eema.gray:

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Jan. 15, 2013 at 6:29 PM

Cereal, toast, eggs, pancakes, toaster waffles, poptarts are a rare treat, banana bread, coffee cake, oatmeal is a favorite around here, fruit...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)