Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

How do you typically fight off the cold and flu season with your family?

Posted by   + Show Post

We sent some moms a "Sick Day Supermom" package as part of the Children's Mucinex Program. In addition to a variety of fun items for their children, each mom received a coupon for Children's Mucinex and a gift card to help get their kids through the cold and flu season.

Read how these moms fight off the cold and flu season with their family and then share your story.

Because this is a post sponsored by Children's Mucinex, please do not reference any brand names in your comments. Comments that infringe on copyrights or trademarks (except for Children's Mucinex) may be deleted.

Click here to get a $2.00 off coupon for Children's Mucinex the next time you or your friend's child is sick with the cold or flu.  

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Replies (11-20):
endurablemist
We wash our hands a lot, plus flu shots.

When we do get sick, its plenty of liquids, rest, cough drops, and over the counter meds if needed. We have used Childrens Mucinex in the past.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mrsjksimmons

We usually just do OTC meds and hope for the best. Well besides washing hands and doing the cough into your elbow thing. We have some Mucinex but we haven't had a chance to try it yet.

babynurse454
The cold and flu has hit hard here in Colorado. I keep lot's of hand sanitizer around, lots of hand washing, flu shots, .If your child is sick keep them home. Im a nurse/midwife and I keep for my own dd all types of stuff in my medicine cabinet to help relieve any symptoms of the flu or cold.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hintzmom4

With five kids you would think we get sick a lot, but we tend to stay healthy most the time.  The entire family is religious about hand washing and we try to eat a clean diet keeping our immune systems strong. I swear by peroxide and use it to clean everything including our mouths (the moment anyone has a tickle we start gargling it)  I asked the pediatrician about Mucinex and he gave a thumbs up so the next time we do get sick I will definitely give it a try.

brrmom81

I make sure my boy's and I get our flu shots. Especially this year. We make sure to wash hands and use sanitizer when needed. When we are sick I like to use honey to soothe a cough and chicken noodle soup. Otc med's if needed. Lot's of rest. 

stonecold316
We wash, and use hand sanitizer often, we also get the flu mist.We have been lucky so far.When they do get sick, it is otc meds, unless a trip to the dr. is necessary.
Kharmoni

My daughter has been the one getting sick this season since I've enrolled her in public school so I try to make sure we all practice good hygiene and we also usually use OTC meds (which don't always work, especially with fevers). I myself drink echinacea tea and have been pretty lucky not to get sick for a while now. 

Bradensmommy719
To stay clear of sickness we wash our hands and faces regularly during the day if we head out. I also have hand Sanitizer in my purse and wet wipes. If we are going to meet up with anyone I make sure they aren't sick. So far so good!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmommyx2

After reading some of the replies I realize that I am the odd man (woman) out.  I am not a freak about germs, I only use hand sanitzer if I do a diaper change in the car & can't wash my hands & then it's all natural & alcohol free or I use a baby wipe.  I do try & have my kids was their hands, but I am not a freak about it.  We don't get flu shots or other vaccines either.  We try to eat health & drink lots of water & if my kids are sick & not up to eating much I give them juice or smoothies & my youngest drinks keifer (a drink like yogurt).  For the most part people in my family are pretty healthy & don't get sick much or that bad.

bmommyx2

One last thing is when we don't feel well we have Matzo ball soup, it seems to hit the spot

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)