Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

How do you typically fight off the cold and flu season with your family?

Posted by   + Show Post

We sent some moms a "Sick Day Supermom" package as part of the Children's Mucinex Program. In addition to a variety of fun items for their children, each mom received a coupon for Children's Mucinex and a gift card to help get their kids through the cold and flu season.

Read how these moms fight off the cold and flu season with their family and then share your story.

Because this is a post sponsored by Children's Mucinex, please do not reference any brand names in your comments. Comments that infringe on copyrights or trademarks (except for Children's Mucinex) may be deleted.

Click here to get a $2.00 off coupon for Children's Mucinex the next time you or your friend's child is sick with the cold or flu.  

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Replies (111-120):
elasmimi
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:01 PM

Just got my Children's Mucinex mini melts, and I love them. Had absolutely no problem getting 6 y/o to take it.

.Angelica.
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 4:04 PM

we usually just let things run it's course.

crazykiddies
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 6:38 PM

We wash hands often , take vitamins that have immunity support and try to stay away from places where there are a lot of people that may not be cleaned often, such as the indoor play area at the local mall. 

Madelaine
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:57 PM

Lotsof handwashing

Madelaine
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 8:57 PM

vitamins and sleep

alliesmom112
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:04 AM

we do alot of handwashing and sanatizer to prevent it. If we do get sick then it is Mucinex for the whole family. It is the only thing that seems to work for dd that and cuddling with momma on the couch and watching Mickey Mouse

alliesmom112
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 12:06 AM
1 mom liked this

great idea with the tea party. I never thought about doing that. DD would love that

Quoting TigerofMu:

Oh what a neat Influencer Program!  We're big fans of Mucinex, though I haven't had a chance to try Children's yet. 

We also use lots of warm liquids like chicken broth, warm lemonade, tea...it's a great excuse for a tea party to get them drinking lots of fluids and cheer up the day a little :).

Leelee1008
by on Feb. 4, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I like mucinex for kids, its good stuff and works!

Teressa1
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 1:08 PM

I usually load my family up with plenty of liquids. I start with homemade broth and tea every two hours. even though the flu or cold has to take its toll, it helps when you are lubed up inside. i recently have included multi- vitamins for my children.and slowly adding fruits and crackers till their stomach is ready for a complete bowl of chicken noodle soup.

SlightlyPerfect
by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:43 PM

I got everything stockpiled and ready to go, especially if this year's Flupocalypse comes to our home. We have some OTC meds (including Children's Mucinex), tons of different juices and other drinks for her to stay hydrated, natural remedies always on hand, all the ingredients needed to make soup, and all the love this kid could ever need. We've been super lucky this year, though, to not have had anything hit us aside from some minor sniffles. But we're always prepared!

slightlyperfect

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN