Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

How do you typically fight off the cold and flu season with your family?

Posted by   + Show Post

We sent some moms a "Sick Day Supermom" package as part of the Children's Mucinex Program. In addition to a variety of fun items for their children, each mom received a coupon for Children's Mucinex and a gift card to help get their kids through the cold and flu season.

Read how these moms fight off the cold and flu season with their family and then share your story.

Because this is a post sponsored by Children's Mucinex, please do not reference any brand names in your comments. Comments that infringe on copyrights or trademarks (except for Children's Mucinex) may be deleted.

Click here to get a $2.00 off coupon for Children's Mucinex the next time you or your friend's child is sick with the cold or flu.  

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Replies (121-130):
Momforhealth
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:05 AM
Rest and tons of fluids. I am big on antioxidant type foods too. Keeping the airways clear, tissues and a good steam bath or saline spray. OTC to treat the symptoms like cough and congestion. A good movie and pillow time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
redhead-bedhead
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:54 AM
1 mom liked this
We practice good hygiene and take lots of elderberry syrup.

We all have strong immune systems as well.
mjunieb
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:58 AM

I like the tips on hand washing. Just one note about over cleaning. I worked with children with special needs, one very severe. We messed up her first 2 years by over using bleach to kill the germs not realizing that we only needed to do it when we had infections going around. She had pneumonia and was hospitalized every couple of months when we were cleaning before she entered everyday. However, she either could stay home on the one occassion she got it after we had to stop bleaching because we had children present in the room the whole day. By allowing her exposure to a few germs when the children were just having normal sinus problems she became more tolerant and could fight infections on her own.

ricocafe
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 6:52 PM

I always try to wash  my hands if it's possible or I use hand sanitizer  I make sure my daughter does the same , because if a member of a family  get sick ,most likely every one would catch the virus. 

LilrockerMama
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 5:44 AM
2 moms liked this
Never had the flu, never had the flu shot.
M.Galvan
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 6:16 PM

I get a full body rash if I use Mucinex DM, but it's either that or be congested and miserable...  I'm still not sure which one's worse... the rash doesn't itch, so...  

eunimark
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:03 AM

okay my baby is almost 2 and shes really sick,mow where can i get Mucinex in my country here Malawi?

3mom627
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:30 PM

My Dr. prescribe Mucinex one time when I had a cold and congestion.

3MOM627

have a nice day

dusky_rose
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 7:00 PM

I have a glass container of vitamin c drops and cough drops (with lid that seals) on the bathroom counter for whomever needs them. I have found that allergy medicines such as loratadine can help with the symptoms such as runny nose. I also keep acetaminophen and mucus relief medicines available. And of course there is good old fashioned chicken noodle soup and mint tea. I have found that a shower sometimes helps lower a fever as well.

gmadiane
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I have the flu right now, day 2, resting, plenty of fluid and tylenol for me

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)