Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

How do you typically fight off the cold and flu season with your family?

Posted by   + Show Post

We sent some moms a "Sick Day Supermom" package as part of the Children's Mucinex Program. In addition to a variety of fun items for their children, each mom received a coupon for Children's Mucinex and a gift card to help get their kids through the cold and flu season.

Read how these moms fight off the cold and flu season with their family and then share your story.

Because this is a post sponsored by Children's Mucinex, please do not reference any brand names in your comments. Comments that infringe on copyrights or trademarks (except for Children's Mucinex) may be deleted.

Click here to get a $2.00 off coupon for Children's Mucinex the next time you or your friend's child is sick with the cold or flu.  

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Replies (141-150):
countrygirlkat
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:46 AM

Quoting elasmimi:

I am also very strict about hand washing, and we carry hand sanitizers everywhere. I have been very confused about all the new rules about meds for kids, and am very cautious about even OTC meds, but my 6 y/o's pediatrician says Mucinex is safe to use.

I have been confused about that all too.  When my oldest was a baby we were told we could use cough medicine for him.  I also remember using cold meds all the time as a kid.  Now they tell us we can't use almost anything even on my 5 year old.  They did however say Mucinex was okay for him one time though.  I have yet to try it but after reading these good reviews I might!

4kidz916
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:52 AM

Hand washing is most important and I always stress to the kids not to share food and drinks.

Rushn311
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:21 PM

Hand washing for sure, no sharing, I hate when the kids share water. Sneezing or coughing the elbows..they are good about that.

natesmom1228
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:55 PM

Keep my house clean and open the windows to air out the house on days when I can.

Jessicamarquez
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 2:56 PM
Onion
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 3:27 PM

I agree that we can't santize anything, but hand washing is a must! Snuggling up with mom or dad always helps too.

Quoting joanursic:

I seem to be the opposite of most posting here.  There are germs everywhere. Washing hands is always a good idea but you can't sanatize the whole world.  And everywhere we go there is always some kiddo with a runny nose.  When my children are sick I usually do alot of hugging.  They love snuggling up to Mommy with a blankie on them.  Lots of juice and bed rest.  The softest tissues I can find.  They are worth the price.  Hot baths also seem to work.  I use OTC meds rarely but I keep them in stock. 

Kmakksmom
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 5:12 PM

medicine, rest and relaxation!

Kainalu55
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:24 PM

hand washing is so important!

Quoting erikays:

Since the flu is going around like crazy, my oldest goes straight to the bathroom and washes his hands, when coming home from school. Then I make sure to wipe down the sink handles and anything he touches before washing. With having two younger ones also, I try my hardest from everyone getting sick.

We use OTC meds, cough drops and nasal spray, if needed. For me, a lot of tea with honey and I try to pump the OJ into the kids.

Kainalu55
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:24 PM

lots of rest

Quoting Kmakksmom:

medicine, rest and relaxation!

Kainalu55
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:25 PM

i actually recently read something about putting a cut onion in the room and it will absorb all the bacteria, etc.  Does it work?

Quoting Jessicamarquez:

Onion

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN