Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

How do you typically fight off the cold and flu season with your family?

Posted by   + Show Post

We sent some moms a "Sick Day Supermom" package as part of the Children's Mucinex Program. In addition to a variety of fun items for their children, each mom received a coupon for Children's Mucinex and a gift card to help get their kids through the cold and flu season.

Read how these moms fight off the cold and flu season with their family and then share your story.

Because this is a post sponsored by Children's Mucinex, please do not reference any brand names in your comments. Comments that infringe on copyrights or trademarks (except for Children's Mucinex) may be deleted.

Click here to get a $2.00 off coupon for Children's Mucinex the next time you or your friend's child is sick with the cold or flu.  

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Replies (151-160):
Kainalu55
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:25 PM

i agree, no sharing those germs :-)

Quoting 4kidz916:

Hand washing is most important and I always stress to the kids not to share food and drinks.

Kainalu55
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:26 PM

i'll have to try mucinex next time

Quoting alliesmom112:

we do alot of handwashing and sanatizer to prevent it. If we do get sick then it is Mucinex for the whole family. It is the only thing that seems to work for dd that and cuddling with momma on the couch and watching Mickey Mouse

Jessicamarquez
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 6:51 PM
Yep (: I keep one there to prevent illness too (: awesome but I go threw alot of onions lol

Quoting Kainalu55:

i actually recently read something about putting a cut onion in the room and it will absorb all the bacteria, etc.  Does it work?

Quoting Jessicamarquez:

Onion

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lalasmama2007
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:47 PM

We used Mucinex when my dd was sick in December.  

Sisteract
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:12 PM

I get a flu shot- No one else does. I get sick more than anyone else. I work in 2 hospitals (AKA incubators).

Bob192
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 11:26 PM

We have 5 kids, so we have to isolate the sick one!

MichelleK41
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 11:29 AM

Childrens Mucinex has worked for our kiddos and its always nice to have a coupon. =)

I know some Peds def. refer to Childrens Mucinex for OTC.

countrygirlkat
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 1:07 PM

Quoting muzzyh:

We get our flu shots almost as soon as they're available in the fall. We wash our hands like crazy, cover our coughs; if some nastiness does creep in, we usually stick to natural remedies, unless it gets very bad, then I'll do some OTC.

We get the flu shots as soon as they are available too. 

Madelaine
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 5:07 PM

Thanks

Leelee1008
by on Feb. 23, 2013 at 6:44 PM

same here.. Lysol wipes are my new BFF!

Quoting erikays:

Since the flu is going around like crazy, my oldest goes straight to the bathroom and washes his hands, when coming home from school. Then I make sure to wipe down the sink handles and anything he touches before washing. With having two younger ones also, I try my hardest from everyone getting sick.

We use OTC meds, cough drops and nasal spray, if needed. For me, a lot of tea with honey and I try to pump the OJ into the kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN