Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

How do you typically fight off the cold and flu season with your family?

Posted by   + Show Post

We sent some moms a "Sick Day Supermom" package as part of the Children's Mucinex Program. In addition to a variety of fun items for their children, each mom received a coupon for Children's Mucinex and a gift card to help get their kids through the cold and flu season.

Read how these moms fight off the cold and flu season with their family and then share your story.

Because this is a post sponsored by Children's Mucinex, please do not reference any brand names in your comments. Comments that infringe on copyrights or trademarks (except for Children's Mucinex) may be deleted.

Click here to get a $2.00 off coupon for Children's Mucinex the next time you or your friend's child is sick with the cold or flu.  

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 5:33 PM
Replies (261-270):
ScrChk23
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 5:05 PM

Pain reliever

alexis_06
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:08 PM

lots of rest usually helps too!

Mom2jngnc
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:35 PM

vaccine for the kids (I am in the small % that can't be vaccinated)
vitamin C (tablets or OJ)
handwashing
I don't go overboared with santizing anything, just my usual housework.

As far as if we get sick, I treat the symptoms. 

Pandapanda
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 4:59 PM

My kids aren't old enough to use many medications like this.

Jany610
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:04 AM

I have 2 school children,a infant & a toddler..My children know to cough on the shoulder of their sleeve.We use hand sanitizers..But when my toddler or my infant get sick its mommy time ,meaning on mommy all day thats their cure...Dont know why but it makes them feel better and even thou I get sick after they get better..So with that said I dont mind getting sick if it gonna make my babies feel better...bouncing mom

RobynS
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:31 PM

I hesitate to say this... (KNOCK ON WOOD!), but my kids have been fairly healthy this year. Yay! A few colds, but they got over them quickly. Come on, Spring!!!

RobynS
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:33 PM

We don't go overboard with sanitizing, either--just normal cleaning. We do vitamin C but also echinacea and elderberry as soon as I see/hear a hint of symptoms. :)

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

vaccine for the kids (I am in the small % that can't be vaccinated)
vitamin C (tablets or OJ)
handwashing
I don't go overboared with santizing anything, just my usual housework.

As far as if we get sick, I treat the symptoms. 

SweetLuci
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:37 PM

I've usded this before and it really does work.

timon95
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:39 PM

I started giving my kids extra vitamin c along with their multi vitamins - they have gotten the sniffles every now and then, but have not been bad at all.

eustacejessica
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:42 PM

We make sure that hands are regularly washed and santize things that are commonly touched. We usually treat colds with OTC medicine and lots of rest and snuggles.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN