Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Are you a Supermom on sick days?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:17 PM
  • 237 Replies
1 mom liked this

We sent some moms a "Sick Day Supermom" package as part of the Children's Mucinex Program. In addition to a variety of fun items for their children, each mom received a coupon for Children's Mucinex and a gift card to help get their kids through the cold and flu season.

Because this is a post sponsored by Children's Mucinex, please do not reference any brand names in your comments. Comments that infringe on copyrights or trademarks (except for Children's Mucinex) may be deleted.

We know it's a hard job taking care of the kids during the cold and flu season. Read these Supermom stories and then tell us how you are a Supermom on sick days.

Click here to get a $2.00 off coupon for Children's Mucinex the next time you or your friend's child is sick with the cold or flu.  

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TaylorBaby

i think i am. i try very ahrd every day even when my kids aren't sick to be a supermom. the days they are sick (which is few and far between) i turn into more of a supermom. they get waited on hand and foot no questions asked. they are my babies and i want them to get better as soon as they can and i also want them to know that they are loved. 

othermom

When the kids are sick I am a super mom because I make sure they are comfortable and do my best to mae sure they eat a little and get enough fluids while trying to keep the other kids entertained and away from the one who is sick. i also take care of all the other house hold chores on top of it all. I do my best to make sure that the sick child gets better soon and try to have what ever medicine or things we may need while they are sick on hand.

gagetristan

I am a HUGE supermom on sick days! I am a nurse so it is in my nature. My son has to stay in bed. Doesnt matter what he does in bed, but has to stay there. So he loves his cartoons, game systems, cars. I bring him all his meals to his bed, and eat mine with him. I spend a lot of time with him, hugs, and kisses so he doesnt feel alone. Thank goodness moms dont catch things very quickly from the kidos, or at least I dont.

-----
Visit my CafeMom homepage at http://www.cafemom.com/home/gagetristan
Visit my CafeMom Group at http://www.cafemom.com/group/kellysteam
www.WomenWorkingAtHome.com
HisSweetheart07

I am a Supermom on sick days because I try to make my little one as comfortable as possible. They're usually snuggled up in super soft blankets in my bed watching movies. If they're fevered, we give OTC medicine. If it's just cold/allergies, we tend to ride it out and only use OTC as a last effort before calling the doctors. 

We do keep a stockpile of OTC medicines on hand so we never have to run to the store when they come in our room at 2am "not feeling good" with a fever. 

optikalangel

When my kids are sick i do the best I can to comfort them.  I make sure my sick one is comfy in bed with a good movie and food and liquids on a regular basis to help keep their strength up.  I have spent many nights rocking a child to sleep and staying up til 5 or 6 am and then working the next day.  I have a live in sitter so they are still able to stay in bed and be comfortable during the day when they are sick.

lulubird83
1 mom liked this

When I got into work this morning I got a phone call from my daughter's school saying that she was sick. She has a bad cold...not sure if it's the flu. Thought the flu shot would have been enough. Anyway, I grabbed my stuff and went to the school (an hour away) and picked her up. She's okay, but I worry. She will definitely be catered to all day today and tomorrow. My poor baby.

UPDATE: My son got sick too. Luckily I got my coupon for Mucinex. I bought it and gave it to him. He was able to sleep and woke up still sick, but feeling a lot better than before.

sexydiva4279
1 mom liked this
I always make sure I have Children's Mucinex on hand for any symptoms my daughter may have. When she's sick we watch movies. Most of the time she just wants to be on the couch with the TV. I make her soup and crackers. Then cuddle with her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
kdun33

I do try to be a supermom when my kids are sick.  I keep them hydrated and comfortable, and I do extra special things for them like make them tea with milk and honey.  They also get to lie in my bed and watch a movie of their choice.  

OHgirlinCA

I make sure my kids are comfortable and give them any OTC meds and TLC they need while they're sick.  I take time off work to take care of and coddle them.  We watch movies together while snuggling up on the couch.  I make sure they drink ALOT of fluids and whatever they may want to eat (within reason).

Tigress22304

Whether its DH or the kids-I try to watch for signs of illness....esp with my stepson and DD-they get sick FAST.

So i make sure we're stocked up on tissues/meds (OTC mostly) orange juice/chicken soup etc.

I try to keep the kids/hubby as comfy as possible and delouse this house as fast as possible before we're swapping the sickness back and forth and back around again.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)