Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Are you a Supermom on sick days?

Posted by   + Show Post

We sent some moms a "Sick Day Supermom" package as part of the Children's Mucinex Program. In addition to a variety of fun items for their children, each mom received a coupon for Children's Mucinex and a gift card to help get their kids through the cold and flu season.

Because this is a post sponsored by Children's Mucinex, please do not reference any brand names in your comments. Comments that infringe on copyrights or trademarks (except for Children's Mucinex) may be deleted.

We know it's a hard job taking care of the kids during the cold and flu season. Read these Supermom stories and then tell us how you are a Supermom on sick days.

Click here to get a $2.00 off coupon for Children's Mucinex the next time you or your friend's child is sick with the cold or flu.  

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:17 PM
Replies (231-237):
SEEKEROFSHELLS
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:04 AM

For colds and flu Vitamin D3 seems to help. Pretty much what the other ladies have said about rest and fluids. I have used Mucinex in the past. My son has Downs Syndrome and he does not have the muscle tone to cough up the gunk like other kids. This is where Mucinex is really effective. It loosens the phlegm so it can be coughed up and gotten rid of. It is a good  product. I have some in the house now.

Uniquecoolio
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:07 PM

YES! total supermom when they're sick. reminds me of when they were wee little babies!!!!!

brookelle2012
by on Mar. 7, 2013 at 9:16 PM

i have to admit, being only 20, i miss being able to jsut snuggle up in my mommy's arms when i am sick...now its MY turn to be a super mom for MY baby girl. i know what its like to be sick and i do everything i can when my poor little baby needs me. for instance, right now she is battling bronchitis. i just took her to the doc to get antibiotics. but ihave also made her warm herbal tea bottles with a little bit of honey. i have cut back on giving her milk to lessen the flem in her system. i have also been giving her diluted orange juice so she could get the proper nutrients she needed, because she had a major drop in appetite. also, i have just been keeping her wrapped in my arms at night and she falls asleep on the couch with me watching dora and THEN i lay her down...and if she wakes up, i am always there to comfort her. that is the best thing you can do for your little one...lots of love and just let tem know that oyu are there for them.

sunshine86912
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:18 AM

not if I am the one sick! lol

Mom2MikeynLando
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 12:14 PM

I know I am.  I have a special needs child and even on a regular day that I'm feeling 100% people wonder how I do it.  Organization plays a major part in my life..  It's not to say that I'm perfect, but I always try my hardest

bizkit_fanky
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:02 AM

I have to be....

JoquinsMommie
by on Mar. 27, 2013 at 12:32 AM

I over reacts some time I hate when my baby is sick, especially because he has bronchitis so I have to watch him really close. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)