Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

What tips do you have for getting kids through the cold and flu season?

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:06 AM
  • 277 Replies
1 mom liked this

We sent some moms a "Sick Day Supermom" package as part of the Children's Mucinex Program. In addition to a variety of fun items for their children, each mom received a coupon for Children's Mucinex and a gift card to help get their kids through the cold and flu season.

Because this is a post sponsored by Children's Mucinex, please do not reference any brand names in your comments. Comments that infringe on copyrights or trademarks (except for Children's Mucinex) may be deleted.

Read what our moms are saying about their experience with Children's Mucinex Multi-Symptom Cold. Then, tell us what tips you have for getting kids through the cold and flu season.

Click here to get a $2.00 off coupon for Children's Mucinex the next time you or your friend's child is sick with the cold or flu.  

CafeMom gives moms an opportunity to try our advertisers' products. In return, we ask our moms to share their true experiences and honest opinions. To learn how you can be an influencer, click here.

by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlightlyPerfect
2 moms liked this

We have found that Children's Mucinex is very effective with DD, who is 4. It alleviates her discomfort, and it works fast for her. It's also a brand I personally trust and go to when the whole family gets sick.

We got this great Supermom on a Sick Day package filled with lots of cute things for DD. The Mad Libs book was her favorite. She and DH practically filled it in one day. We also received tissues, and tissues are always missing when we get sick! So those were great. We put some in our cars and one pack in DD's bedroom. We also got cute little posable figures that DD carries around with her now. And the package also contained a game, but DD didn't really seem into that!

I'm so happy I got to be a part of this. Thanks, CM.

slightlyperfect

endurablemist
1 mom liked this
When they are sick, they get spoiled. Lay around in PJs, hot cocoa whenever, whatever they want to eat. Oh and lots of TV time. I have a pretty good supply of meds for all kinds of symptoms if needed. And thanks to Children's Mucinex a new medicine to try when the time comes, which might be today.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Roo1234
1 mom liked this

Keep them active, hydrated and well-rested.  Hand washing is a must and we focus on eating a healthy diet year round to help keep our bodies strong.

optikalangel

I keep my kids comfortable.  Load them up on fluids. I like to buy the cup of soups with the lid so my little ones can stay in bed and get some food in their belly's.  We medicate based on the symptoms and encourage lots of rest.  

My oldest stayed home a few days ago with cold like symptoms.  I was able to try the medicine and feel that it worked very well.  My son got a lot of sleep once the symptoms started to clear up after giving him the medicine.  Tat was exaclty what he needed.

alisonr113

My 5 year old loves to have breakfast in bed when he is sick.  I spoil him that way but I also give him lots of fluids and lots of rest.

luckyladytaurus

Taking vitamins, washing hands, using saline nasal spray, drinking plenty of water, and when my kids are sick keeping them home. 

beauty1889

I still have not had the chance to try children's mucinex with my kids. but, sick days would probably be filled with lots of snuggles and hugs, reading and prob some tv. i'll make sure they have lots of fluids to keep them hydrated

sexydiva4279
My daughter loves the flavors of children's mucinex. It worked great at controlling her cough and helping her feel better. The care package was a big help in buying more medicine, soup and tissues.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
babynurse454
Unfortunately I had to use my Children's Mucinex this morning,my d.d. is sick she is 11 years old at least she can tell me whats wrong, she did tell she was feeling better,she is sleeping again Thank goodness I had Children's Mucinex!! Thank You
The sick day package is great she opened it up and was writing in the fun book before falling back to sleep, the tissues are always great!
Thank You from the both of us!
hisemma

I love Children's Mucinex for my kids. It is one cold medicine that has worked consistently over the years to help with their symptoms and make them feel better, and able to get through the day. My sister first recommended it to me, and I've since recommended it to countless others.

The gift items I received were put to good use: the kids played with the toys, and I sent the kids to school with a tissue packet in each backpack as well as keeping one for myself in my purse. They've been put to good use with the cold weather & constant runny noses.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN