Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

those pouches

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:15 PM
  • 16 Replies

Hey ladies! Has anyone investigated those organic puree pouches I see everywhere now a days?  they have like a squash apple pear one    they cme in a few varieties...it's been tough finding  good produce this time of year that lasts the week  so I was wondering if anyone had checked them out as snack ideas or other???  TY

by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Bronze Member on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:28 PM

We dont do the pouches.  We do jarred apple sauce or grapes.   Frozen berries is also a good way to get fruit in.   I cant remember which veggies are in season right now.

cdbbld12
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:32 PM

I used to get those for my kids. It really helped to keep them in the diaper bag as a snack when they needed something. My kids loved them. 

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:39 PM
I let my 1 yr old try one and he loved it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MELRN
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 7:48 PM

are they nutritional  ??   anyone read the content stuff??

karamille
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I have been putting the orgainic apple blends pouches in Max's lunch.  As for nutritional... I mean... its cooked, its not raw - but the ony ingredients are apples and then consentrate of the other fruit that in it.  The ones I buy have no added sweetners.  About 60-70 calories.  I have done apple sauce cups in the past but a lot is left in the cup and thrown away.  He pretty much sucks the pouches dry.  Fresh apples are crazy freakin expensive right now.  $5 for a 2.5# bag of bruised fuji apples. $2.99# for non-organic grapes.  Well really... almost all fruits are crazy expensive right now.  We have been doing more veggies and very little fruit just because of the cost.  Prices are stable right now on green veggies.  I think I spent a $1.50 for a bunch of broccoli, $2.99 for asperagus, $2.50 for a large head of napa cabbage, a box of washed organic romaine $2.99.  I haven't been buying much of the other colors.  I have recently started watching the inflammation index on foods and I don't have it quite all figured out yet.  I know green veggies are safe so I have been leaning that direction. 

egyptian_mommy
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 8:54 PM
My kids love those pouches.
jlbelknap35
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 9:02 PM
My kids actually hate those things and both gagged trying them, would make things easy though for diaper bag snakes :-/
PrincessZ20
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:27 PM

We have the pouches on occasion, but I'm too cheap to buy them on a regular basis, lol. 

Vertical15
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 10:46 PM

I tried it with all three of my kids and they don't really like them.

Imjustinsmommy
by on Jan. 18, 2013 at 9:21 AM

We got some as a gift so we tried it for my 1 yrs old he loves them but only the fruit a d veggie ones not the cheesy meaty stuff. We keep some for snacks or on the go. Right now he has a bad cold and doesn't want to eat too much so I give him fluids and punches of fruit and veggies helps hydrate him a d provides vitamins too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)