Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

feeling pretty proud this month because my cake allergy free cakes are now perfected and that is one step closer to making my kids feel as close to "normal" as possible.

also finding ways to use egg replacer is starting to be a big hit with breakfast

by on Jan. 21, 2013 at 1:09 PM
Replies (11-15):
Teressa1
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:27 AM

I would love to share recipes with you, let me start by giving you the latest one I made. My daughter can't have eggs, milk(cows), soy,  and corn either, and that is only of a list of 50 known allergies tested thus far. Here you are:

BANANA BUNT CAKE

6     ripe bananas

2/3  cup canola oil

2 tbsp egg replacer that has been mixed with 2tbsp water

2 tsp vanilla

3 cups oat flour

2 tsp cinnamon

2 tsp baking powder substitute(2 parts cream tartar mixed with 1part baking soda)

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp sea salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil and dust buntcake pan with flour. Combine bananas, oil, egg replacer, and vanilla. Seperately combine flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt. sift to get rid of lumps. Comebine with wet ingredients and bake immediately (do not  let the mixture sit and rise)

hope you like it, please keep me posted

thank you for your response.

Teressa1
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:37 AM

She has 50 known allergies, some food and some environmentally. As for the cake it is wheat free, corn free, soy free. gluten free, egg free, and nut free

thank you for asking becaue we are still in the middle of more test, bless heart heart, she is a trooper

Teressa1
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:50 AM

yes it is free of those allergies because my daughter has the same issues and then some. I would love to share recipes with you, please tell me how it turned out and if it was a big hit with everyone.

BANANA BUNT CAKE

6    ripe bananas(mashed)

2/3 cup canola oil

2 tbsp egg replacer that has been mixed with 2 tbsp water

2 tsp vanilla

3 cups oat flour 

2 tsp cinnamon

2 tsp baking powder substitute(2 parts cream tartar mixed with 1 part baking soda)

1 tsp baking soda

1 tsp sea salt

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Oil and dust pan with flour. Combine bananas, oil, egg replacer, and vanilla. Seperately combine all other ingredients. Sift to remove lumps. Combine wet and dry ingredients and bake immediately as not to let the mixtre rise. 

hope this works well 

Teressa1
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:54 AM

thank you, i will look into that local honey. since i have changed their diets their eczema has decrease dramaticly

thanks

Teressa1
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:58 AM

I use rice milk if necessary and alternative flours like oat, rice(brown and white), sourghum, tapico when it comes to cakes and bread for sandwiches and such

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)