Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

food allergies

Posted by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:50 PM
  • 9 Replies

What are some of the symptoms of food allergies? Does this sound like a food allergy? His cheeks got very red and he vomited about 45 minute after eat spaghetti.

by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Vertical15
by on Jan. 23, 2013 at 7:23 PM

It so hard to tell with food allergies.  It could be anything from the very red cheeks and the throwing up to hyperactivity and gas or bloating.  Its worth looking into.

PrincessZ20
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 11:40 AM

It's possible.  However, it could just be a coincidence.

I'm pretty sure that if it's a true allergy that there would be a skin reaction - so if you put a little dab on his skin it would react.  It's definitely worth looking further into regardless. 

TerriC
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 12:32 PM

I think I would consult with a doctor to be sure.  There are so many different reactions with food allergies.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jan. 24, 2013 at 4:08 PM
1 mom liked this
I agree.

Quoting TerriC:

I think I would consult with a doctor to be sure.  There are so many different reactions with food allergies.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mhmomma
by on Jan. 24, 2013 at 9:47 PM

Hmmm I would talk to the doctor.  There are different ways allergies effect people.  I break out in severe rash and get super itchy.

mamavalor
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this

Is this his first time eating spaghetti?  Did you have sauce on the noodles?

DD1 is allergic to tomato sauce.  It's too acidic for her.  Check with your pediatrician.

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:28 AM
1 mom liked this

I agree.  And keep a record of exactly what happened, when it happened, what he hate, what was in it, and if it happens again do the same.

Quoting TerriC:

twinmommy2010
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 1:19 PM

No it is his second or three time. Yes he had sauce on the noodles

Quoting mamavalor:

Is this his first time eating spaghetti?  Did you have sauce on the noodles?

DD1 is allergic to tomato sauce.  It's too acidic for her.  Check with your pediatrician.

egyptian_mommy
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:02 PM
1 mom liked this
This. With dd's soybean allergy her face swelled and turned red and she got horrible diarrhea. We spoke to the pedi who confirmed the allergy. Now if she gets anything with soybean in it by accident her skin turns red wherever it touches her.

Quoting TerriC:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN