Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Has your child had to be put under anasthesia?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:08 PM
  • 47 Replies

If yes, why and how old were they? :)

BTW I am just asking out of curiosity. It's a kids health group and this is part of some kids health, yeah? :) I know it is a big part of my sons helth stuff :) 

by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:20 PM

Yes she was 4.  Had a bad reaction to it unfortunately.  Now we know though and can be prepared if there is anext time.

Xandriasmommy
by Nycole on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:23 PM
Upper GI scopes, lower GI scopes, MRIs, tubes, and a VCUG that she was only mildly sedated for. Other than those, no true surgeries. She almost got a g-tube but thankfully started maintaining her weight.

From about 18 months to 4 years...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mipsy
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:37 PM

Oh no, what happened?

Quoting frndlyfn:

Yes she was 4.  Had a bad reaction to it unfortunately.  Now we know though and can be prepared if there is anext time.

MamaCeleste0722
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:39 PM
Yes. Daughter was 9 months; she had to have a benign tumor removed. Son was 3 to have ear tubes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Neon1980
by on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:42 PM
Yes, 7, tonsils and adenoids were removed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2013 at 11:42 PM

Vomiting and extended fatigue.   We were lucky that the surgeon and dentist gave us their numbers to call at any time since it was around easter so no one was in office.  She didnt eat for 4 days due to the nausea nor did she want to drink anything.  The doctors gave us home numbers as well as cell numbers so i was grateful to be able to contact them and they were able to call in a Rx for her.

Quoting Mipsy:

Oh no, what happened?

Quoting frndlyfn:

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Jan. 26, 2013 at 6:52 AM

Thankfully, no.

mamavalor
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 7:08 AM

DS's pediatric dentist wanted to give him GA so she can put crowns on his back molars.  She said his cavities are too severe to not to and given his age (5) she wouldn't feel comfortable doing anything else.  We got a second opinion and the new doc said DS doesn't need crowns, just fillings and done under sedation in the office.

themomof3boys
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:31 AM
Yes all 3 of mine have had it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TerriC
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 8:39 AM

My DD was almost 6 and had to be put under for oral surgery.  They had to cut into her top gums in between her two front teeth. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)