Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

The appetites of kids

Posted by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:13 PM
  • 28 Replies
How are your kids appetites? Do they go through phases where they eat a significant amount more or less? How old are they and do you find any changes in appetites seem to happen at certain ages?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommeisQueen
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 4:18 PM
My kids appetites are off the charts, I have to enforce three meals, two snacks and one dessert or else they would eat us out of house and home. I also have to constantly try to keep a good balance betwwen healthy diet, what they prefer and exercise.
frndlyfn
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:01 PM

Growth spurts have her eating 3x time more than her normal amount.  We make sure to keep everything on the healthier scope.

Xandriasmommy
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 5:41 PM
My dd doesn't eat enough to keep a bird alive! Just enough during growth spurts, but she is maintaining her weight!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mhmomma
by on Jan. 26, 2013 at 10:55 PM

My kids are always hungry. They do not like to try different things. 

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jan. 26, 2013 at 11:07 PM
My boys are great n never changes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HotMommaStout
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 1:46 AM

I have great, consistent eaters :)

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Jan. 27, 2013 at 9:36 AM

Yes.  I've noticed it most of all in our youngest.  She usually doesn't eat a lot, but at times she will chow down as much as her teenage sister!

Vertical15
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 12:14 PM

Mine come and go.  Somedays I can't keep their plates filled and other I feel like we are wasting food left and right.  Each kid has been different with their growth spurts.

new_mom808
by Andrea on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:55 PM

There are ebbs and flows. The only realy pattern I've noticed is a huge increase before a growth spurt, but other times it's nearly nill and I have no idea why. Sometimes it spikes and I cant tell why....whatever. I just make sure I send enough for lunch for a hungry day and if it ends up feed ing him for 2 days so be it.

Roo1234
by on Jan. 27, 2013 at 5:59 PM
Our kids aren't huge eaters. Occasionally they go through a growth spurt and consume more, but inn general they eat pretty light, but frequent meals. I'm fine with that because they eat healthy and very good at self regulation.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN