Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Is he sick?

Posted by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:55 AM
  • 12 Replies

My 7 month old has been acting off for a week and I don't know what to do...

He was eating cereal, purees, etc several times a day- and eating a lot of them, now he doesn't want any solid food just a bottle.

He's very clingy. He doesn't want to play or crawl around very much instead we wants to be in my lap playing with my hair, zipper, etc or just sitting.

Nights are the worst, I dread nights. He has never slept through the night but he used to sleep 3-4 hours at a time, now he's barely making it an hour at the most. He won't sleep in his co-sleeper, only in bed with us. He half wakes up crying, and soothing doesn't work. If I can't settle him he starts wiggling and tensing, arching his back and legs and escalating to a scream. It can get so bad that I have to leave our bedroom with him so my husband can sleep.

I don't know what to do. He doesn't seem to be in pain anywhere, he doesn't have a fever, all his bodily functions are working... Should I call his doctor? Could it be his teeth? Is something wrong with his belly?  I'm worried about him and feel totally over my head. Please, do you fave any ideas?

by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 12:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 1:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like teething and one of the more painful growth spurts.  I dont think checking in with his doctor would hurt.  Call in the morning and see if they want to see him.

TerriC
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I would think teething.  The arching of the back and screaming, could he maybe have gas?  I would call the Dr. to be safe.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jan. 28, 2013 at 9:28 AM
I thinking.never hurts to call dr.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Vertical15
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 11:58 AM

I'm always one to say when in doubt call the Dr to be safe.

sunshine86912
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 4:50 PM

could be a phase..cant hurt to call the dr though

egyptian_mommy
by on Jan. 28, 2013 at 6:32 PM
Teething is a possibility. Will he let you see into his mouth? The arching his back and things make me think he's in pain somewhere. It wouldn't hurt to call his dr just to be safe.
new_mom808
by Andrea on Jan. 28, 2013 at 8:28 PM
I would try some teething tablets and gas medication. If you dont notice an improvement call the doc to be safe
Squirrel1309
by on Jan. 29, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Thanks everyone! I did check with the doctor, he said as long as there's no fever it sounds like a bad case of teething. I'm hoping it ends soon, my little man is miserable!

goddess99
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:23 AM

Hope he feels better soon.

BabyTeki
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Yup , sounds like it could be teeth to me too. My daughter seems to have the worst of her symptoms before I can tell she's getting one.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN