Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Speaking of shots...

Posted by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Amy
  • 33 Replies

Yesterday my son had to have two shots, the tetanus/whooping cough shot and the chicken pox booster.

OMG, the fit he threw over not wanting them.  He's almost 12 mind you and thank God we were there at the end of the day because he was literally screaming.

He did eventually get the shots while screaming but then right after the first poke stopped, said "huh, that's it?" and was fine with the second one. 

Anyone else have a child who is so needle phobic?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
liss05
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:50 PM

I'm not a kid per say but I really dislike needles the nurses cringe when they have to give me a shot or take blood.

dusky_rose
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 5:01 PM

My 5 year old son hates getting shots. Even when we are taking daddy to the doctor he has to ask if the appointment is for daddy, because he doesn't want to get a shot. So we reassure him.

frndlyfn
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 7:51 PM

Not yet she isnt.  She may cry for about 20 minutes after but we make a day of it and get ice cream to soothe the ache.  She is 6 and this has been our routine since she could eat ice cream.

Kainalu55
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 8:16 PM

My daughter was a little when she was 2 and needed her flu shot

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:04 PM

Yes!  My 16 year old freaks out every single time we do vaccinations or flu shots.

Charizma77
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:20 PM

Mine are pretty good with tem, actually.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:17 PM
My 10 yr old is pretty good but my 1 year old crys for a few mins.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
natesmom1228
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:55 PM

No my son has never had an issue with shots. I have always told him to look away and it is over in no time.

Vertical15
by on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:16 PM

My kids aren't but I sure was.  My mom loves telling a story about her and my Dr chasing me around the little office because I refused to let them give me a shot.  From then on my parents would both have to go and hold me down.

Thankfully age, piercings, tattoos and pregnancy have all helped dull my aversion LOL

amonkeymom
by Amy on Jan. 31, 2013 at 3:20 PM

I'm glad your mom saw the funny side, because in a way it is.  

At one point my son had backed himself into a corner between the wall and the exam table.  I told him there was no way he was going to get away doing that.  lol

Quoting Vertical15:

My kids aren't but I sure was.  My mom loves telling a story about her and my Dr chasing me around the little office because I refused to let them give me a shot.  From then on my parents would both have to go and hold me down.

Thankfully age, piercings, tattoos and pregnancy have all helped dull my aversion LOL

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN