Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Yesterday my son had to have two shots, the tetanus/whooping cough shot and the chicken pox booster.

OMG, the fit he threw over not wanting them.  He's almost 12 mind you and thank God we were there at the end of the day because he was literally screaming.

He did eventually get the shots while screaming but then right after the first poke stopped, said "huh, that's it?" and was fine with the second one. 

Anyone else have a child who is so needle phobic?

by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 3:49 PM
Replies (21-30):
Madelaine
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Nope

Madelaine
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:46 AM

I hate needles though

disneymom2two
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 9:55 AM

My 14 year old is fine.  My 7 year old will cry.  I was seriously needle phobic as a child.  I still remember two people chasing me around the chair when I was little and I ended up getting the shot in my leg.  

Xandriasmommy
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:01 PM
My dd hasn't had shots since she was 18 months.

Whenever I get poked win a needle I HAVE to watch. I can't not watch, it hurts so much more!

Oh and I should add my dd oes fine with blood draws...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elasmimi
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Mine is pretty scared. She is 6 now, and thankfully won't need any more for several years.

arpazia
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Poor little munchkin! Lol!
I was afraid of needles until I got pregnant!
RobynS
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 2:58 PM

I wouldn't know. We don't vax. I was never afraid of them when I was a kid. I felt kind of tough since I wasn't afraid like some of the kids were! LOL

MamaBear2cubs
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:12 AM

Mine are okay

aneela
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 9:40 AM

well mine is 6 and doesnt like them which is "normal" i guess but he hasnt thrown a huge fit yet and usually calms down fairly quickly

slw123
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 10:17 PM

Ha ha ha! I would be screaming inside my head, lol.  My daughter was so mad when she was getting her kindergarten shots.  She said really loud "That really hurt!"  My son took it like a champ.   Can't make any promises about how it will go when they are 12.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN