Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Germs

Posted by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:51 AM
  • 35 Replies
1 mom liked this

How do you teach your kids about preventing the spread of germs? 

sick

by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 7:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TigerofMu
by Sonja on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Just talk to them, and stress the importance of wash, wash, washing hands.  I have some little germ/hand washing videos that I used to show  my kids at school, and I went through them with my kids at home too.

darbyakeep45
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Well, my son is special needs and he doesn't understand but I make sure to give him at least one bath each day along with lots of hand sanitizer!  

TerriC
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 9:45 AM

Cleanliness.  We wash hands a lot! Also, they know to never share food or drinks at school.  And, they know how much I hate drinking fountains and claim they do not use them.  I hope they are telling the truth. lol

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Feb. 1, 2013 at 11:48 AM
We wash alot n we tell him to go wash his hands n ect but our 10 yr old knows so we just wash Jacob our 1 yr old son.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:13 PM

To cover their mouth when they cough, to use a tissue instead of their sleeves, to wash hands a lot.

PrincessZ20
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 2:45 PM

We simply emphazise washing hands and covering your mouth/nose when you sneeze/cough! 

MamaMandee
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 3:25 PM

We talk about ways to keep clean. 

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:08 PM

Same as other posts.  I just say the same things over and over again.  Wash your hands before you eat, after you use the restroom, etc.  Daily hygiene is key as well.

goddess99
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:46 PM

we always have hand wipes, purell, or we stop to wash hands. I'm a huge germaphobe!

MichelleK41
by on Feb. 1, 2013 at 10:27 PM

I tell them to not get real close to someone they notice that has been sneezing or coughing. Wash their hands, use kleenex when sneezing or coughing, do not eat or drink behind anyone.  I also keep bacterial wipes in our van. Oh and when at dr. offices, etc. I remind them do not touch the toys or the tables, etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)