Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Savory Cupcakes: The Healthier Alternative to the Classic Sweet

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.redtri.com/kids/cupcake-foods?utm_source=contactology&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=FoodNewsletter20130204

We can think of at least a dozen reasons why cupcakeries like Magnolia Bakery, Georgetown Cupcakes, or Sprinkles are here to stay. Maybe it's the fact that those sweet cupcakes are just the right portion for little bellies, or simply that kids love to eat anything that doesn't require a fork, or perhaps that the bite-sized portion is a good excuse for us to indulge without worrying too much about that diet that we're uh, supposed to be on. And while we won't get into the best cupcakery debate, we will weigh in on the fact that these tasty bites aren't just for those with a sweet tooth. We've found some delicious savory cupcake foods that make great appetizers for the adults and perfect sized bites for our little ones. Happy snacking!

The possibilities for cupcake foods seem endless. Do you have a favorite savory cupcake that you've made yourself? Share it with us in a comment below.

by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 4:16 PM
Replies (41-43):
Vertical15
by Vanessa on Feb. 14, 2013 at 6:50 PM

I'd eat either and if there is ice cream to go with it then I am set!

Quoting Kmakksmom:

I love cupcakes! I seem to eat more of those than cake, lol. The other cupcakes in this post sound good too.

Charizma77
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks!

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Not healthy, just cute.  Though I have used a recipe where you replace the red food coloring in red velvet cake with pureed beets, and it's really good.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)