Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Should I just give her meat or none at all?

So I was a lacto-ovo-vegetarian before I was pregnant with DD, but with how badly animic I was, my doctor told me to start eating at least chicken/turkey.  But after I had my DD, I went back to being vegetarian.  My DD had now 11 months old, and I don't know if it would be a good idea or not to not give her meats.  She has had some meat already, and Dh thinks we should keep giving it to her until she is older and let her pick if she wants to be like Mommy or Daddy (he eats meat).  I kind of agree, but I don't want to give her red meats.  Is that a bad idea?  Should I just give her meat or none at all?  

by on Feb. 6, 2013 at 10:56 AM
Replies (11-11):
PrincessZ20
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I agree with the others...if you already prepare meat for your DH, then give her some as well.  But if you don't typically have meat at home, then I wouldn't worry about going out of your way to provide it for her. 

I do think it's important to expose kids to all sorts of foods just to minimze picky eating habits, but as long as she's getting the proteins and stuff elsewhere I don't think it would be a big deal. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN