Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

This isn't meant to be a debate I just was wondering if. *update**

Posted by   + Show Post

Anyone vaxs when your kids are on an antibiotic. I've been doing a lot of reading and I've pretty much made up my mind. I'm just not looking forward to the fight I'm going to get for the pediatrician. We have to go in this afternoon for a one year check up and dd is on a pencillian based antibiotic for another week. She's never reacted we'll to shots to begin with so we have to break them up. I want to wait until the end of the month giving her time to finish up the meds and get her back to normal. I have my dhs support. So I'm not concerned there. I was just wondering what all of your thoughts were?

***update: no shots today. We go back in 2 weeks. They were absolutely fine with it. Totally understanding. I was so relieved. Thanks everyone for your responses and support****

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 9:39 AM
Replies (11-19):
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:09 PM
No. In fact our pedi won't give them shots if they're sick.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Thank you ladies for all of your responses and opinions! They are greatly appreciated!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:18 PM

 Absolutely not. We barely vax anyway, but our ped wont even do it if they've been sick.

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:31 PM

Our pedi won't vaccinate if they're sick and has never given us grief about postponing til the next appointment - and that's actually what we've done most of the time (my kids were frequent flyers when it came to ear infections being discovered at well visits), is just pushed the shots back to the next visit. 

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:32 PM

Quoting TonyaLea:

Quoting jamamama00:

Just so you know, your insurance will likely only cover one check-up. If you do your one year well visit today, you will either need to get the shots today, or pay for them yourself later. I wanted to wait once because my child was coming down sick, and BCBS was going to make me pay $800 out of pocket later for the shots if I didn't get them at the marked well visit. So we had to classify that visit as a "sick one" and come back later if we wanted to wait. We just went ahead with was no big deal. They give vax to sick kids all the time. Anyway, if you want to wait you prob need to call your doc and make sure there wont be any issues...

I second this.  However, if they are like my doctor's office, when you come in to get the vaccinations you just have to call ahead the same day and one of the nurses will do it, you don't have to schedule a whole visit.  My insurance pays for vaccinations and well visits, it doens't matter if they are done at the same time.

Same here!  We can go for just a shot visit and see the nurse. 

by Sonja on Feb. 8, 2013 at 4:05 AM

I would wait.  :)  Glad you were able to make the choice without a big fight!

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:00 PM

Yay, glad it worked out well!

by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Glad to hear they were understanding.  Great news.

by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:03 AM

Glad things went well. My kids have only been on antibiotics once each. I have never encounter the issue. I'm a delta vaxer

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN