Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Store Bought No More: 13 Easy Homemade Valentine’s Day Cards

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.redtri.com/easy-valentines-day-cards?utm_source=contactology&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=AllCitiesNewsletter20130206

It's undeniable: Valentine's Day is definitely a kid-favorite holiday. A constant stream of candy at school, extra love and heart-shaped food at home--what's not to love? Luckily, you don't have to break the bank or become a master crafter to give your little one a memorable day. You can create a new twist on the traditional old classroom cards with these clever ideas from around the web. If you're not a crafting queen and the idea of hot glue gives you hives, don't worry--lots of these options offer convenient printable PDFs to guide you, plus you can enlist the kiddos to help.

This Valentine's Day will you be going store bought or homemade?

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Replies (21-30):
TigerofMu
by Sonja on Feb. 8, 2013 at 3:53 AM

These are ingenious!

Quoting Vertical15:

"You Color My Heart" Valentines
If your kiddo loves to draw, this card from A Mom with a Lesson Plan just might be the perfect choice. Have your little Picasso draw a heart or other design for their friends to color in, and then add in a fun phrase on the computer. If you want to go the extra mile, tie a crayon onto the card and you're good to go!

Vertical15
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:14 AM

This is one I was thinking of doing.  Looks pretty simple.

Quoting TigerofMu:

I love this!

Quoting Vertical15:

Super Valentines
Does your superhero-loving kiddo want to go a different direction than the usual Valentine hearts and flowers this year? This adorable idea from Zakka Life just might fit the bill. With plenty of opportunities for cutting and pasting, it'll be easy to get the little ones involved in the project, too.

Vertical15
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:17 AM

My oldest isn't doing them-or at least they didn't say if we were supposed to be bringing them in or not.  Just my 5yo and he picked out premade lightning mcqueen which I'm OK with.

Quoting TigerofMu:

My kids always get excited and want to pick a box of Valentines (I love Dollar Tree), but they also are very creative and end up making their own in addition to those a lot of the time...Laramie checked out a Valentine Craft book from the library and built me a shopping list!

mommy0ncloud09
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM
What awesome ideas!!!!!
PrincessZ20
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 12:59 PM

That's darling! 

Quoting Vertical15:

Thumbprint Valentines
There are a thousand possible variations on this cute idea from Simply Kierste. Let your kiddo choose different paper colors and patterns, and they'll definitely love making their thumbprints and giving them cute faces.

PrincessZ20
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:00 PM

love it!!  What a fun idea :)

Quoting Vertical15:

Photo Valentines
Jazz up some run-of-the-mill Valentine's candy with a cute photo of your kids and a pun or two, inspired by Lisa Storms. If your little one's old enough, get an assembly line going with staples or glue, and these will be done in no time.

PrincessZ20
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:00 PM

Ooooh...gonna have to keep that in mind for next year :)

Quoting Vertical15:

Play-Doh Valentines
Here's another gift that keeps on giving: Play-Doh. Just add a fun label to the carton (Random Thoughts from a Supermom has a convenient printable), and the whole class will be sculpting hearts and flowers for their special someone.

PrincessZ20
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:01 PM

That's adorable!  I think Alex could probably handle something like that :)

Quoting Vertical15:

"You Color My Heart" Valentines
If your kiddo loves to draw, this card from A Mom with a Lesson Plan just might be the perfect choice. Have your little Picasso draw a heart or other design for their friends to color in, and then add in a fun phrase on the computer. If you want to go the extra mile, tie a crayon onto the card and you're good to go!

PrincessZ20
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:01 PM

LOVE!! 

Quoting Vertical15:

Super Valentines
Does your superhero-loving kiddo want to go a different direction than the usual Valentine hearts and flowers this year? This adorable idea from Zakka Life just might fit the bill. With plenty of opportunities for cutting and pasting, it'll be easy to get the little ones involved in the project, too.

PrincessZ20
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Hahaha, that's funny and cute :)

Quoting Vertical15:

Smartie Pants Valentines
Okay, we know these look super complicated, but they're deceptively simple. To keep it easy, just download the free printable from Tip Junkie, then stick some smarties on top. If you want to take an extra crafty step, use the tabs on the template to make the pants 3D--the perfect pocket for your smarties.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN