Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Store Bought No More: 13 Easy Homemade Valentine’s Day Cards

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.redtri.com/easy-valentines-day-cards?utm_source=contactology&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=AllCitiesNewsletter20130206

It's undeniable: Valentine's Day is definitely a kid-favorite holiday. A constant stream of candy at school, extra love and heart-shaped food at home--what's not to love? Luckily, you don't have to break the bank or become a master crafter to give your little one a memorable day. You can create a new twist on the traditional old classroom cards with these clever ideas from around the web. If you're not a crafting queen and the idea of hot glue gives you hives, don't worry--lots of these options offer convenient printable PDFs to guide you, plus you can enlist the kiddos to help.

This Valentine's Day will you be going store bought or homemade?

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Replies (31-40):
Bl3ss3dMommi
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Cute!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PrincessZ20
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 1:11 PM

This is what we did for Alex's class last year - we chopped up all those broken caryons and melted them in a silicone mold to make crayons :)

karamille
by on Feb. 8, 2013 at 9:22 PM

Yeah... these look a lot of time.  I'm doing good to get a shower and a home cooked meal on the table most days.  Store bought skittle valentines this year.  Maybe next year I will have time to be creativ.e  

mhmomma
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:58 AM

We have always made our own. Nothing too exciting. LOL  this year we made book marks. Who doesn't read at school?  Practical

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:43 AM

Ft. Caspar is having an "Old Fashioned Valentines" workshop today and I was planning to take the kids, but I don't know if we'll get to go now.  It's been snowing all morning and we're supposed to get 6 inches, so I guess we'll see!  When I saw the notice in the paper it made me think of this post :).

Vertical15
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:34 PM

I hear that!  We bought store ones this year but these are too cute.  I think I may one of them next year.

Quoting karamille:

Yeah... these look a lot of time.  I'm doing good to get a shower and a home cooked meal on the table most days.  Store bought skittle valentines this year.  Maybe next year I will have time to be creativ.e  

Vertical15
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:35 PM

Great idea!  Very practical.

Quoting mhmomma:

We have always made our own. Nothing too exciting. LOL  this year we made book marks. Who doesn't read at school?  Practical

Vertical15
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 1:36 PM
1 mom liked this

Sounds like fun other then all the snow!

Quoting TigerofMu:

Ft. Caspar is having an "Old Fashioned Valentines" workshop today and I was planning to take the kids, but I don't know if we'll get to go now.  It's been snowing all morning and we're supposed to get 6 inches, so I guess we'll see!  When I saw the notice in the paper it made me think of this post :).

mhmomma
by on Feb. 9, 2013 at 6:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks I figured the kids could always use them and I cheat. I'm a scrapbooker so I don't that've to buy supplies

Quoting Vertical15:

Great idea!  Very practical.

Quoting mhmomma:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
new_mom808
by Andrea on Feb. 9, 2013 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this

I just made these for DS to take to the babysitter. :)  Thanks for the great idea!

Quoting Vertical15:

Super Valentines
Does your superhero-loving kiddo want to go a different direction than the usual Valentine hearts and flowers this year? This adorable idea from Zakka Life just might fit the bill. With plenty of opportunities for cutting and pasting, it'll be easy to get the little ones involved in the project, too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN