Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Store Bought No More: 13 Easy Homemade Valentine’s Day Cards

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.redtri.com/easy-valentines-day-cards?utm_source=contactology&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=AllCitiesNewsletter20130206

It's undeniable: Valentine's Day is definitely a kid-favorite holiday. A constant stream of candy at school, extra love and heart-shaped food at home--what's not to love? Luckily, you don't have to break the bank or become a master crafter to give your little one a memorable day. You can create a new twist on the traditional old classroom cards with these clever ideas from around the web. If you're not a crafting queen and the idea of hot glue gives you hives, don't worry--lots of these options offer convenient printable PDFs to guide you, plus you can enlist the kiddos to help.

This Valentine's Day will you be going store bought or homemade?

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Replies (41-50):
TigerofMu
by Sonja on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:23 PM
1 mom liked this

We did go to Old Fashioned Valentines :)

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:24 PM
1 mom liked this

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Feb. 9, 2013 at 9:41 PM

It ended up not being too bad.  It was snowing really hard when we walked out and Casper was bad, but halfway home there was nothing.  DRY.  We even brought in wood and coal just in case.

Quoting Vertical15:

Sounds like fun other then all the snow!

Quoting TigerofMu:

Ft. Caspar is having an "Old Fashioned Valentines" workshop today and I was planning to take the kids, but I don't know if we'll get to go now.  It's been snowing all morning and we're supposed to get 6 inches, so I guess we'll see!  When I saw the notice in the paper it made me think of this post :).

Vertical15
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Thats good.  We live just below the line that was supposed to get a ton of snow this past week.  We got a slight dusting while signs heading north to conneticut were actually marked as closed!  The whole state was closed!  Some of my friends to the north had so much snow, the photos were so pretty!

Quoting TigerofMu:

It ended up not being too bad.  It was snowing really hard when we walked out and Casper was bad, but halfway home there was nothing.  DRY.  We even brought in wood and coal just in case.

Quoting Vertical15:

Quoting TigerofMu:

Ft. Caspar is having an "Old Fashioned Valentines" workshop today and I was planning to take the kids, but I don't know if we'll get to go now.  It's been snowing all morning and we're supposed to get 6 inches, so I guess we'll see!  When I saw the notice in the paper it made me think of this post :).

Teressa1
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 10:31 AM

This is the idea i chose this year, construction paper, staple and coloring pencils, done!

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:30 PM

We used to have storms like that.  I remember a few, but it's been a few years!

Quoting Vertical15:

Thats good.  We live just below the line that was supposed to get a ton of snow this past week.  We got a slight dusting while signs heading north to conneticut were actually marked as closed!  The whole state was closed!  Some of my friends to the north had so much snow, the photos were so pretty!

Quoting TigerofMu:

Quoting Vertical15:

Quoting TigerofMu:

Vertical15
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 9:47 AM

Simple fast and gets the job done.  I like it!

Quoting Teressa1:

This is the idea i chose this year, construction paper, staple and coloring pencils, done!

MommeisQueen
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this
These are great. Thanks for posting.
Threes.Company
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 2:38 PM
1 mom liked this
I made 51 cards. OMG. Never again.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TigerofMu
by Sonja on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)