Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Store Bought No More: 13 Easy Homemade Valentine’s Day Cards

Posted by   + Show Post

http://www.redtri.com/easy-valentines-day-cards?utm_source=contactology&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=AllCitiesNewsletter20130206

It's undeniable: Valentine's Day is definitely a kid-favorite holiday. A constant stream of candy at school, extra love and heart-shaped food at home--what's not to love? Luckily, you don't have to break the bank or become a master crafter to give your little one a memorable day. You can create a new twist on the traditional old classroom cards with these clever ideas from around the web. If you're not a crafting queen and the idea of hot glue gives you hives, don't worry--lots of these options offer convenient printable PDFs to guide you, plus you can enlist the kiddos to help.

This Valentine's Day will you be going store bought or homemade?

by on Feb. 7, 2013 at 1:49 PM
Replies (61-63):
Vertical15
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:49 AM

I have to make 11 with my 5yo tonight for his class tomorrow and then my 10yo needs 20+ for his class party on Thursday.  FUN!  NOT!  I cheated and bought store ones this year.  I love so many of the ideas I've found though.

Quoting Threes.Company:

I made 51 cards. OMG. Never again.

Vertical15
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 12:11 PM

Creative Kids: Lollipop flower valentine

Feb 8, 2013 - 08:08 AM

Make a lollipop flower for your sweetheart!

You will need:

• Pink or red craft paper
  • Green craft paper
  • Markers
  • Scissors
  • Pencil
  • Tape
  • Lollipops

Directions:

1. Fold the pink or red paper in half and cut out 3 big hearts and 3 small hearts along the fold.
  2. Carefully poke a hole through the bottom point of each heart using a pencil.
  3. Thread the lollipop stick through the small hearts first. Next, layer on the big hearts.
  4. Fan out the hearts so that they look like flower petals with the lollipop as the center.
  5. Cut a leaf-shape out of the green paper and write a message on it for your Valentine.
  6. Tape the leaf to the lollipop stem and give it to your sweetheart. You could even make a dozen and arrange an entire bouquet!

Parents: Be sure to supervise young children when using scissors to keep little hands safe.

Kmakksmom
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this
cute ideas!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)