Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Baby Diarrhea

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:49 PM
  • 13 Replies

We have extra kids today.  Our friends have to go to his grandma's funeral, and we have their kids and his sister's kids.  Well we'll have the Kindergartner when she gets off the bus in half an hour.  But the two babies have had diarrhea all day!  He is not quite a year old (10 months? 11 months?) and she is 2 (since September).  I have given them bananas and she has eaten some apple, but I can't find my baby rice cereal, so I must be out :(.

He doesn't seem warm, and she's right around 98/99, so it's just the diarrhea right now.  Any suggestions other than keep an eye on them, no juice, continue what we are doing?

by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 4:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MichelleK41
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:01 PM
1 mom liked this

Def. keep them hydrated as some states have experienced noro virus in the small children/babies. And keep their bums dry. Which I am sure you're doing all of this anyway. =)

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Feb. 11, 2013 at 5:17 PM

Thank you!  And yes, noro virus has been here a swell. I will keep them drinking lots of liquids.

Quoting MichelleK41:

Def. keep them hydrated as some states have experienced noro virus in the small children/babies. And keep their bums dry. Which I am sure you're doing all of this anyway. =)

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Feb. 11, 2013 at 6:32 PM

Oh it gets even better!  Now the baby has a fever of 102.2!  I gave him a cool bath and called his mom because I don't have infant tylenol, and she said because of his weight he can take children's and gave me the dosage.  I get to change shirts because he heaved the first dose all over me, but we got some in him and we're just trying to get him cooled down.  The bright side is no diarrhea for awhile.

egyptian_mommy
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:07 PM
1 mom liked this
Oh no. Poor babies sound like they've got a bug. Unfortunately there's really nothing more you can do, other than what you've already been doing.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TigerofMu
by Sonja on Feb. 11, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Thank you!

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

Oh no. Poor babies sound like they've got a bug. Unfortunately there's really nothing more you can do, other than what you've already been doing.

TonyaLea
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 2:05 AM

Poor little guys!  And poor you and your family that are now exposed.  How did the rest of the day go?

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:00 AM

They didn't come to get them until about 8.  Paul had been home, and been called back out and I was working on putting our kids to bed.  And this morning there was diarrhea.  Oh yay! 

I realize that this was kind of an emergency situation and that they didn't have anyone else, but I have got to listen to my husband and learn to say NO.  They are great kids.  They mind well, I enjoy my time with them, but their parents don't ever pick them up.  Whenever I have watched them, they just leave and never come back (well they do eventually, but it seems like forever).  And they are ALWAYS sick!  Okay, rant over ;).

Quoting TonyaLea:

Poor little guys!  And poor you and your family that are now exposed.  How did the rest of the day go?

PrincessZ20
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Oh goodness!  I hope you and your family manage to avoid getting it!

PrincessZ20
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 10:16 AM

That's so frustrating!  My neighbor is like that - I can SEE that she's home, but her daughter is still at my house 30 min later.  At least the kids are well behaved, so that must make it a little easier. 

I hope the diarrhea leaves your family quickly!

Quoting TigerofMu:

They didn't come to get them until about 8.  Paul had been home, and been called back out and I was working on putting our kids to bed.  And this morning there was diarrhea.  Oh yay! 

I realize that this was kind of an emergency situation and that they didn't have anyone else, but I have got to listen to my husband and learn to say NO.  They are great kids.  They mind well, I enjoy my time with them, but their parents don't ever pick them up.  Whenever I have watched them, they just leave and never come back (well they do eventually, but it seems like forever).  And they are ALWAYS sick!  Okay, rant over ;).

Quoting TonyaLea:

new_mom808
by Andrea on Feb. 12, 2013 at 1:18 PM

I know it's a little late now,

You can cook up some rice and puree it, instead of using baby rice cereal.

Make sure you disinfect your house. I would start teh whole family on Elderberry syrup, if I knew we had been exposed. Hope you guys dont get it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)