Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

What sickness.. And where are u?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:32 PM
  • 43 Replies

So I've heard a d seen lots of kiddies being sick..l what is going around your area or home? Where are u. IM IN  ny.. We had pink eye 2x and a cold  in the past month... Not sure if my 13 mos old is ok.. He puked up today but seems fine now might have been a fluke idk.. What's up by u?

by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 3:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mhmomma
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:03 PM
In NJ and we had a virus go to the kids. Knock on wood lots of flu going around the schools here
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Imjustinsmommy
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:12 PM

Not far from me in ny! What kind of virus? We had lots of coughs fevers.. Not much flu here. Thankfully 

Quoting mhmomma:

In NJ and we had a virus go to the kids. Knock on wood lots of flu going around the schools here

PrincessZ20
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 4:39 PM

We're in SC - I hear Norovirus and the flu are making the rounds! 

karamille
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:00 PM

I have heard of several people who puke once, feel less than great for half the day, and are fine the next day.  It has moved thru their family with another member getting it every few days.  Max was at school less than 30 minutes before he puked yesterday and I had to pick him up.  He looked REALLY pale like he might faint when I picked him up but his color was back and he was eating fine by the end of the day.  

Xandriasmommy
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:28 PM
A horrible virus!! A cough and cold and you feel awful (though with morning sickness thrown in, it's just all the worse)

My dd missed preschool yesterday and today, maybe tomorrow too...she's hoping to make it for Thursday for her valentines day party!

Oh and we're in idaho
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 6:50 PM

We are in WA state and my son just got over an ear infection. He still has the runny nose and coughing though.

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:08 PM

diarrhea, coughs, flu, norovirus

mhmomma
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 8:34 PM
It was similar to the flu. Lasted about 5-7 days wiped you out. You basically sleep thru it all

Quoting Imjustinsmommy:

Not far from me in ny! What kind of virus? We had lots of coughs fevers.. Not much flu here. Thankfully 

Quoting mhmomma:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Neon1980
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:30 PM

Im in IN, my son just got over pneumonia.  There has been a lot of RSV/pneumonia and colds/flus going around the last month or so.  Dh and I have a BAD cold ourselves right now. 

Imjustinsmommy
by on Feb. 12, 2013 at 9:40 PM

Yeh it's on the news alot those 2. I heard its calming down.. At least in my area I hope so both are terrible!

Quoting PrincessZ20:

We're in SC - I hear Norovirus and the flu are making the rounds! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)