Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

HELP---My Son Has Another Sinus Infection--UPDATE

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:04 AM
  • 30 Replies

Everytime my son gets a cold, it settles into his sinuses and he ends up with a sinus infection. This time he also has an upper respiratory infection as well. How do I keep his colds from settling into his sinuses? We use the saline spray to try and keep the cold moving in his sinuses, but it doesn't seem to work. Anybody have any suggestions???

UPDATE:  His fever finally broke last night. YEAH!!! He is much better. Still has a nasty cough, but I think the worst is over. Boy---what a relief. I hate it when my baby is sick!!!

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaBear2cubs
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:43 AM

Hope he feels better soon,sorry not much help here my kids have never had sinus problems.

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Steam?  See if he has allergies that are aggravating the situation?  Something like Claritin every day to help him clear that up.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:17 AM
Hope he feels better..poor baby..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
NoahsCoolMama
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Quoting auntangelofsix:

Hope he feels better..poor baby..

Thanks! I hope so too. He will miss his Valentine's Party tomorrow. He is bummed.

NoahsCoolMama
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:21 AM

Quoting MamaBear2cubs:

Hope he feels better soon,sorry not much help here my kids have never had sinus problems.

Thanks anyway.

la1118
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:32 AM
My son was getting recurring sinus infections and we took him to the allergist. He didn't have allergies, but they did a blood test that showed his immune system had not taken up the antibodies fully from the vaccines. They gave him a pneumococcal vaccine that should help his immune system fight off the bacteria that cause the upper respiratory infections.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Madelaine
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:33 AM

My oldest ALWAYS get sinus infections!  Her doctor said it comes from allergies first so we use a lot of saline to clean out her nose and she takes allergy medicine so that cuts down on the infections.

new_mom808
by Andrea on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:23 AM

Have you tried using a netty pot? How old is your son?

sukainah
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:48 AM

I'm not much help, but I hope he gets to feeling better soon.

MichelleK41
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I hope he feels better soon. Our dr. recommended Flonase and it works for the teen. Our little one always gets an ear infection when she catches anything viral from school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN