Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

HELP---My Son Has Another Sinus Infection--UPDATE

Posted by   + Show Post

Everytime my son gets a cold, it settles into his sinuses and he ends up with a sinus infection. This time he also has an upper respiratory infection as well. How do I keep his colds from settling into his sinuses? We use the saline spray to try and keep the cold moving in his sinuses, but it doesn't seem to work. Anybody have any suggestions???

UPDATE:  His fever finally broke last night. YEAH!!! He is much better. Still has a nasty cough, but I think the worst is over. Boy---what a relief. I hate it when my baby is sick!!!

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:04 AM
Replies (21-30):
egyptian_mommy
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 9:54 PM
I feel his pain. An ENT is a good idea. Hope you find a solution.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
karamille
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:04 AM

childrens mucinex as soon as an illness starts and stick with it until its gone.  

NoahsCoolMama
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:46 AM

Quoting countrygirlkat:

I used to have them all the time as a kid.  They had me do nasal rinses with a solution of stuff to clean them out but I still got  lot.  It wasn't until I started seeing a chiropractor and he adujusted my back and neck that I stopped having them. 

That's interesting. I never knew that had anything to do with it. I guess if can. My brother gets them alot, because he has a deviated septum.

NoahsCoolMama
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Quoting karamille:

childrens mucinex as soon as an illness starts and stick with it until its gone.  

I thought about this. I don't want to give it to him now, because he is on Augmentin, but I will definitely get some for next time and see if it helps. Thanks!

NoahsCoolMama
by Member on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:47 AM

Quoting egyptian_mommy:

I feel his pain. An ENT is a good idea. Hope you find a solution.

Thanks!

Kmakksmom
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:21 PM
I hope he feels better soon. My colds and sicknesses always turn into laryngitis. My kids are lucky that doesn't happen to them. They never have real sinus problems.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
karamille
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 5:37 PM

He can take augmentin and mucinex at the same time.  In fact, it would help him move that stuff out of his head quicker.  Run it by your dr if you are unsure.  :)

Quoting NoahsCoolMama:

Quoting karamille:

I thought about this. I don't want to give it to him now, because he is on Augmentin, but I will definitely get some for next time and see if it helps. Thanks!

sunshine86912
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:05 AM

poor kiddo :( sorry I have no suggestions

NoahsCoolMama
by Member on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:21 AM

Quoting karamille:

He can take augmentin and mucinex at the same time.  In fact, it would help him move that stuff out of his head quicker.  Run it by your dr if you are unsure.  :)

Quoting NoahsCoolMama:

Quoting karamille:

Ok. Thanks!

Bob192
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 10:06 PM

Maybe using a cold mist humidifier?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)