Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Has your child missed school due to illness?

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:02 AM
  • 39 Replies

My younger son, age 4, hasn't missed a class yet due to illness.  But he also only has school 2 days a week!

My older son, almost 6 & in K, has missed 2 days.  One day was the day of his Christmas concert - they said he could come for the evening program if he felt ok then, which he did.  I was glad they were ok with it since he was really sad when I said he'd be missing school & his concert due to throwing up!

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MommyBear28
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:04 AM

My son is out today. I think he may have the flu! 

bebe_ju-rah
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:06 AM
Not since she was a baby. She started daycare at 18 months and was very sick the second week but hasn't. been sick since. She only ever gets ear infections (once a year) and it always happens on the weekends! Lol She will be 6 on the 18th and is in K.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Yes due to vomitting she missed 2 days.  We follow the 24 hr rule for that as well as fever.  We pick up any make up work from school if the teacher has any and we keep on track with our at home supplement work for school.

MichelleK41
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:11 AM

Yes illnesses going around the elem. school here have been terrible. So she stays well about 3 weeks out of a month if that.

timon95
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:25 AM

only a few times. we homeschool so they still have to do school when sick. If they are throwing up then no school.

amonkeymom
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Mine have missed a few days here and there.  My littlest one missed school on Monday due to a sore throat and sinus drainage.  He was really wiped out.

GwenMB
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:48 PM

Poor kid!  I hope he gets over it quickly!

Quoting MommyBear28:

GwenMB
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:49 PM

That's awesome that she's so healthy!  Nice to have her few illnesses land on the weekend. :)

Quoting bebe_ju-rah:

Not since she was a baby. She started daycare at 18 months and was very sick the second week but hasn't. been sick since. She only ever gets ear infections (once a year) and it always happens on the weekends! Lol She will be 6 on the 18th and is in K.

MommyBear28
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Quoting GwenMB:

Poor kid!  I hope he gets over it quickly!

Quoting MommyBear28:

Thank you! Me too, he seems to be feeling a little better now! But I'm keeping him away from his brother and sister just In case! 

GwenMB
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 1:50 PM

Quoting frndlyfn:

Yes due to vomitting she missed 2 days.  We follow the 24 hr rule for that as well as fever.  We pick up any make up work from school if the teacher has any and we keep on track with our at home supplement work for school.

We usually follow the 24 hour rule, too.  I was glad my son's school was willing to make an exception for the concert, though.  Luckily, it was a one-time throw up & he was fine so likely wasn't contagious by the time he saw his classmates.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN