Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Has your child missed school due to illness?

Posted by   + Show Post

My younger son, age 4, hasn't missed a class yet due to illness.  But he also only has school 2 days a week!

My older son, almost 6 & in K, has missed 2 days.  One day was the day of his Christmas concert - they said he could come for the evening program if he felt ok then, which he did.  I was glad they were ok with it since he was really sad when I said he'd be missing school & his concert due to throwing up!

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:02 AM
Replies (31-39):
Kmakksmom
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:43 PM
My 4 year old son has been out all week from preschool. He's getting over a horrible cold. He goes Monday-Thursday. He will go back on Monday. our girls haven't been sick from school for two years now.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
slw123
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:45 PM

My daughter had to be checked out at the end of one day because she had a fever, but it went away and she went to school the next day.  That's all she missed for illness.  My son hasn't missed any for illness.

Charizma77
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:20 PM

Not yet

NananRaysmom
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:22 PM
my son..8..has hemophilia so he has missed some...but that's the only thing he's had missed for. My daughter...10..has had perfect attendance..
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SoKamele
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:23 PM

nope....He refuses to miss a day.

sunshine86912
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 6:03 AM

my oldest *knock on wood* who is in kinder has so far managed to get sick on long weekends/holidays, so she hasnt missed any school.  My younger has missed one day.  They are in kinder and prek so they both go 5 days a week

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:06 AM

We've taken a couple of days off when we were all sick.  Usually, unless we have puking or something violent we just slow it down and do a little less, or go a little slower.

LyTe684
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 9:08 AM

Yes. Allergic reaction. He ate beef. He puked for a month.... after the first day, we sent him to school, he said he didn't feel well.. his teacher walked him to the nurse at lunch. He laid down and fell asleep, they couldn't seem to wake him up.. so he's missed 2 days last marking period. That's it this year.

goddess99
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 10:01 AM

yep my dd missed school for almost a week just after Christmas.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN