Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

I think all mothers should watch

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:46 AM
  • 13 Replies

Poll

Question: How do you feel about shots after watching?

Options:

They are not harmful

They are harmful

Not sure still

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 8

View Results

Frontline: The Vaccine War

It was very educational to me and I think it's beneficial to all to really know both sides of the debate

It's instant on Netflix if you have it

weddingcountdown.com
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CJsMommy92
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:51 AM

Please no fighting. I just think this is a good thing for moms and dads to watch

weddingcountdown.com

AimeeE
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:00 PM

I do feel that being educated on all the facts is very important when making medical choices for our children. I had a hard time voting do to the choices. I do not think all vaccines are all bad in general. I do think WAY too many are given at one time and in too short of a time period. I also think that several are not worth the risk. I feel that we need to get some illnesses to help with immune system development. A stronger immune system might help our body to fight off worse illnesses like cancer. 

gcstar42
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:02 PM

I have not seen the video, but I have read lots of information about vaccines and still feel that getting my kids vaccinations are the best thing for our family.

Charizma77
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 7:33 PM

This, exactly.

Quoting gcstar42:

I have not seen the video, but I have read lots of information about vaccines and still feel that getting my kids vaccinations are the best thing for our family.

new_mom808
by Andrea on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:24 PM

I didnt vote.
I cant see the video, and I already dont think vaccines are safe.

PrincessZ20
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:49 PM

I haven't watched the video, but I'm guessing it's biased...as pretty much all documentaries are :) 

I think it's important to do research and make an informed decision.  There's a lot of misinformation out there, as well as a lot of biased information.  You can find evidence to support both sides, so it's a matter of determining which sources you find to be more credible. 

I think that there are a lot of vaccines that aren't really necessary, but I think there are some that are important and I don't think I could ever not vaccinate at all.  Everything carries a risk (not just vaccines - the foods we eat, the air we breathe, driving a car, etc. all have risks associated with them), so it's a matter of determining which risks are greater for your family - the risks associated with the vaccines, or the risks associated with potentially catching the diseases that the vaccines are intended to protect against.

PrincessZ20
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 8:50 PM

Quoting AimeeE:

I do feel that being educated on all the facts is very important when making medical choices for our children. I had a hard time voting do to the choices. I do not think all vaccines are all bad in general. I do think WAY too many are given at one time and in too short of a time period. I also think that several are not worth the risk. I feel that we need to get some illnesses to help with immune system development. A stronger immune system might help our body to fight off worse illnesses like cancer. 

I agree!  We've spaced out immunizations so there aren't so many given at once. 

CJsMommy92
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:15 PM

I agree fully with this. I've also just researched this on my own

Quoting PrincessZ20:

I haven't watched the video, but I'm guessing it's biased...as pretty much all documentaries are :) 

I think it's important to do research and make an informed decision.  There's a lot of misinformation out there, as well as a lot of biased information.  You can find evidence to support both sides, so it's a matter of determining which sources you find to be more credible. 

I think that there are a lot of vaccines that aren't really necessary, but I think there are some that are important and I don't think I could ever not vaccinate at all.  Everything carries a risk (not just vaccines - the foods we eat, the air we breathe, driving a car, etc. all have risks associated with them), so it's a matter of determining which risks are greater for your family - the risks associated with the vaccines, or the risks associated with potentially catching the diseases that the vaccines are intended to protect against.

weddingcountdown.com

LOswald0314
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Agreed. I also base judgements off scientific facts (peer reviewed studies), not propaganda.

Quoting Charizma77:

This, exactly.

Quoting gcstar42:

sunshine86912
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:00 AM

my kids are both done with all their shots...but I havent watched the video so I didnt vote

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN