my body my choiceSometimes being a parent means making some tough decisions for our kids. It also means realizing some decisions aren't yours to make. It's something the parents from Texas who allegedly tried to force their 16-year-old daughter to have an abortion are about to learn.

The pregnant teenager has taken her mom and dad to court, asking a judge to help her stop what she describes as verbal and physical threats pushing her toward abortion. Already two months along, the girl says she wants to keep the baby, but she fears she won't be able to. The girl even claims family members have talked about slipping her an "abortion pill."

The case has turned into a he said/she said argument of epic proportions with thegirl's dad claiming the abortion lawsuit is really someone just setting his daughter up. It could be that she made it all up, the parents could be the monsters she describes, or it could be something right in the middle. But the court case is one all parents should be watching anyway. The outcome could be a sharp wake-up call for the sort of parents who would find it acceptable to make this kind of decision for their kid.

Personally, I'm trying to imagine myself in these parents' shoes. Your kid comes home one day and confesses she's pregnant. Suddenly images of Jenelle Evans from Teen Mom 2 flash through your mind, and you're thinking, "Over my dead body will that happen to my little girl."

Do you think about her getting an abortion? Probably.

But then you realize that she's a 16-year-old girl, and you don't get to decide what happens to her body. Her body, her choice.

I get it, it's hard to know where to draw the line between being a good parent and meddling in your kid's life. At one point in their lives, our kids were so dependent on us that we literally made every decision for them. As they grow, we slowly cede more and more control until one day, there are no more choices left for us to pick.

As long as our kids live under our roofs, we can put down rules. But some decisions we have to turn over to them: to keep a baby or abort a baby, what college to attend (so long as they're funding it), what political party to support ...

Where do you draw the line on making decisions for your kid? Is it at a certain age or is it the importance of the decision?