Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Soap for my 7 year old dd...

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:29 PM
  • 25 Replies
I have used J&J bath soap for all of my daughter's but my 7 year old is beginning to become musty. So I am wondering what type of bath soap is good for a young girl? One that is perfume free but will help with the mustiness.
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
timon95
by on Feb. 13, 2013 at 11:44 PM

not sure, my dd uses the princess soap from walmart. what about something from aveeno?

karamille
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:03 AM

Its time for deodorant.  Max had to start wearing right after his 6th birthday.  Get her either uncle Toms all natural deodorant or one of the roll on salt based deodorant.  We like the roll on salt ones better on gym days as it works a little better but it is a little drying on the skin so we alternate the two - with Uncle Toms on non-gym days, and the roll on salt kind on gym days.  Uncle Toms just came out with a lemon grass one that smells really good.  We are not fans of the apricot one,  It smells like overripe fruit when he plays hard.  The lemon one smells really nice.  

As for soap - it doesn't matter what kind as much as it matters that she baths/showers EVERYDAY.  That was the hard part for us - getting used to daily showers.  I wasn't quite emotionally ready for that, but the daily showers + natural deodorant makes my little guy smell squeaky clean.  :)  

jessicasmom1
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:24 AM

we only use dial orginal with no perume or dyes 

LntLckrsCmQut
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:29 AM
I plan on getting my daughter a salt stick when it's time and we use Dr. Bronner's tea tree oil castille soap. Showering daily helps as well.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
jessicasmom1
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:30 AM

oh we use tea tree oil in the shampoo  a very little goes along way

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:59 AM

I have always used IVORY because that is what my pediatrician and urologist recommended when I was little because it doesn't have dyes or perfumes.  They also recommended showers over baths.  With 6 people in our house and one bathroom, we don't do baths because of time and cleanliness.

imablowe
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:08 AM

We do use deodorant daily, aloe deodorant from the Vitamin store (no perfume and it is all natural).  We also shower daily but use J&J soap.  I was wondering about the soap for her genitals because she is a little girl.  J&J is not really a smell good soap but I know I am sensitive with soaps so I was just wondering if there was any advice on soap that wouldn't burn or irritate her privates.

PrincessZ20
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:03 PM

Oh gosh, at 6?  I had no idea it started that early!  I am soooo not ready for that...

Quoting karamille:

Its time for deodorant.  Max had to start wearing right after his 6th birthday.  Get her either uncle Toms all natural deodorant or one of the roll on salt based deodorant.  We like the roll on salt ones better on gym days as it works a little better but it is a little drying on the skin so we alternate the two - with Uncle Toms on non-gym days, and the roll on salt kind on gym days.  Uncle Toms just came out with a lemon grass one that smells really good.  We are not fans of the apricot one,  It smells like overripe fruit when he plays hard.  The lemon one smells really nice.  

As for soap - it doesn't matter what kind as much as it matters that she baths/showers EVERYDAY.  That was the hard part for us - getting used to daily showers.  I wasn't quite emotionally ready for that, but the daily showers + natural deodorant makes my little guy smell squeaky clean.  :)  

Kmakksmom
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:54 PM
My girls use Bath and Body Works' shower gels. My son uses Spiderman 3 in 1 stuff. It's shampoo, conditioner, and soap. My girls have used deodorant since they were 6.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
mhmomma
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:24 PM

We have not gotten to the point of deoderant.  My dd is almost 10 and ds just turned 7.  It scares me.  I am interested to see what everyone has to say on this subject.  I have tried natural for me but I am a sweater.  Hope my kids are not

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)