Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Home

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:10 PM
  • 32 Replies
1 mom liked this

What are your rules for keeping your child home from school or activities, when they are ill?

sick

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TerriC
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 12:54 PM

A fever, they stay home.  A bad sounding cough or severe congestion and sneezing, they stay home.  I don't mind the sniffles or a slight cough, but anything else, I pretty much keep them home.

GwenMB
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 1:24 PM

Fever or throwing up in the last 24 hours & they stay home.  If they just feel bad, run down, tired then I may keep them home depending on what exactly is going on.

If they are too sick for school, they are too sick for any other activity as well.

new_mom808
by Andrea on Feb. 14, 2013 at 2:32 PM

We dont really have any rules. His babysitter doesnt either. I usually dont send him if he's lethargic, or has been throwing up.
There have been times though that he's asked to go, and I sent him, against my better judgement, and when I called to check on him, he was acting just fine. Sometimes just being around the other kids perks him up.

I'm lucky enough to have a babysitter who understands that if they're already sick, they've already been spreading their germs for a few days. Strangely I can only think of 1 time in 4+ years that the kids have all shared a virus. It was a 24 hour stomach bug. And i'm lucky enough to have a job that allows me plenty of vacation, sick and EDC time.

batjmom
by Sarah on Feb. 14, 2013 at 4:03 PM
1 mom liked this
This exactly

Quoting TerriC:

A fever, they stay home.  A bad sounding cough or severe congestion and sneezing, they stay home.  I don't mind the sniffles or a slight cough, but anything else, I pretty much keep them home.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
slw123
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Fever or vomiting, stay home.  Cough or runny nose, they can go play, unless they are coughing too hard to run around etc.

Vertical15
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:24 PM
1 mom liked this

This, too.  Fever is always an OK to stay home.  Along with throwing up.  Anything else depends on the situation.

Quoting TerriC:

Charizma77
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:15 PM

This

Quoting GwenMB:

Fever or throwing up in the last 24 hours & they stay home.  If they just feel bad, run down, tired then I may keep them home depending on what exactly is going on.

If they are too sick for school, they are too sick for any other activity as well.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Feb. 14, 2013 at 10:14 PM
This too.

Quoting Charizma77:

This

Quoting GwenMB:

alliesmom112
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:37 PM
Fever or vomiting stay home if she misses school she misses activities.
MichelleK41
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:40 PM

If they are too ill for school they are too ill for other activities.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN