Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Dr. Mom with essential oils

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:40 PM
  • 14 Replies

Here is a list of essential oils that you can keep for your first aid kit instead of medications. These are just a few that you can use, but of course there are many others too:)

• Allergies: Combine lavender and Roman chamomile 50:50 and apply 2-3 drops of blend on wirsts or side of throat
  • Bruises: Use 1-2 drops of geranium, helichrysum, or lavender
  • Cuts, Scrapes, Abrasions: helichrysum or dorado asul to stop bleeding
  • Earache: Dilute 50:50 lemon, Exodus II or Raven, rub gently around the outside of ear and over lymph nodes on side of neck. Put a few drops of Meleleuca, chamomile, Purification, or Melrose on cotton ball and place in ear 2-3 times a day
  • Common Cold and Flu: Diffuse Thieves, R.C., Purification, Raven or apply to area, Thieves on feet, Lemon with cedarwood, myrtle, copaiba
  • Headache: Peppermint, Clarity, M-Grain, PanAway, rosemary, eucalyptus, can also use roll ons like Breathe Again, Valor, Tranquil on base of skull and temples
  • Insect Bites and Stings: Purificarion, Thieves, PanAway
  • Stomache Ache/Nausea: Peppermint, Di-Gize
  • Toothache: clove, roman chamomile, wintergreen, melrose, PanAway

BTW if you are not familiar with some of the names they come from Young Living essential oils

by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 8:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Charizma77
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:18 PM

TYVM

TerriC
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:30 PM
Vey interesting, thank you. I haven't heard of a lot of the things listed.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PrincessZ20
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 9:31 PM

Thanks for sharing!  I'd like to learn more about essential oils one of these days, and this is a great start!

MichelleK41
by on Feb. 14, 2013 at 11:41 PM

This is interesting, thanks for sharing.

sunshine86912
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 5:57 AM

thanks, how interesting.

new_mom808
by Andrea on Feb. 15, 2013 at 7:34 AM

Thanks for sharing. This is great information.

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Feb. 15, 2013 at 8:03 AM

I love lavender because it is good for so many things!  And it is beautiful and smells good.

Vertical15
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 12:45 PM

Great list, thanks for sharing!

Mom2wife1
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 1:25 PM

Thanks. I'll try them out

ameraznkimko
by on Feb. 15, 2013 at 2:35 PM

There are alot of good resources to learn more about essential oils. Gentle Babies is a good book for babies, children, and pregnancy. Dr Mom's essential oils first aid is another one, and the best one(although a bit pricey but totally worth it) is Essential Oils desk reference. abundanceandwisdom.com/kimreynolds is a site where you can also learn more and read about the oils that are listed here.

Quoting PrincessZ20:

Thanks for sharing!  I'd like to learn more about essential oils one of these days, and this is a great start!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)