Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

24 stomach bug

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:29 PM
  • 12 Replies

My lil girl was feeling a lil queezy last night around 9 and 10 pm. I gave her some tums for kids for upset stomach and she fell asleep and slept all night. This morning she had stomach cramps and felt nausea. She threw up once and went the bathrrom 4 times. No diahaerea. I gave her Emetrol at 3pm and she took a nap and slept for an hour an half. When she woke up she felt nausea and had a fever of 101.5 I gave her childrens tylenol around 5pm and she hasnt complained about pains or nausea since. Her fever went down and she is just watching tv now until bedtime. 

Did she have a lil bug? has it passed? or is the worse yet to come?

by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
new_mom808
by Andrea on Feb. 16, 2013 at 7:48 PM

Sounds like a minor stomach bug. Not sure if it's passed. There was one going around here a couple of months ago, just like you described. They were fine in 24 hours, then halfway through their next day (usually back at school) it struck again for another 48 hours.

Hope she's feeling better soon!!

karamille
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:20 PM

She may have eaten something that didn't agree with her.  I think at 24 hours in, it would have been as bad as it was going to get at this point.  Some gastrointestinal illnesses like samonella last 7 days or so, but peak is still at around the 24 hour mark with slow improvement.  I think it would be safe to say you have seen the worst of it.  

PrincessZ20
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 8:41 PM

It's definitely hard to say - but either way, it sounds like she's feeling better, so I'd just go with it :)

TerriC
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 9:48 PM
Tough one, I agree that maybe she ate something that didn't set well with her. However, the fever issue makes me think there could have been a minor bug.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TigerofMu
by Sonja on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:47 AM

Hopefully it was a 24 hour bug and she's on the mend!

luckymommy1727
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Yesterday she was coming around after I gave her Emetrol and she took a nap. The throwing up stopped even though she only threw up once. After her nap she woke up with a 102 fever. I gave her meds that quickly brought it down then she ended up with the chills. Then that went away. The fever went back before bed and I did all I could to bring it down plus gave her more meds. It went down and she slept in my room and slept all night and was fine. Today she is afraid to eat becuz when she ate soup yesterday she brought it back up. All day yesterday I couldnt get her to drink except she drank her pedialyte after she threw up. But that was about it. I try giving her unsalted crackers, and jello, and applesauce but she refuses. She tells me she is afraid she will throw it up.

This all happen on friday when she was with her grandfather and some school basketball game. She didnt eat much at her grandparents and only had a cupcake at the game. Im thinking maybe it was the cupcake or maybe she caught a minor bug. Her grandfather now is in the same boat as she was yesterday today. But she didnt have as bad like her grandfather..she did have her flu shot so I guess that helped. I hoping she eats today just a lil becuz then she will start getting weak. :(

MichelleK41
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:44 PM

It could be a 24 hour tummy bug but if she is carrying fever still Monday I'd check with the Ped. Norovirus has been going around.

egyptian_mommy
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 6:25 PM
Could have been a bug. There's a lot going around.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Rushn311
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 9:36 PM

IDK..sounds like a 12 hour bug or something. You never know these days. My son puked once, a good amount, then vomited water  and that was it. He slept a lot tho. Hope she feels better!

timon95
by on Feb. 18, 2013 at 11:02 PM

hope she feels bettr soon. there's so many different things going around right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)