Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Easter and Your Family

Posted by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:41 PM
  • 117 Replies
1 mom liked this

Easter Sunday will be March 31, 2013.  What does your family do for Easter?  Is it a family day?  Is it a tradition to buy new Easter outfits and go out to brunch, or to church?  Do you do Easter baskets and Easter Egg hunts?  Photos with the Easter bunny?  Easter Communion? 

What are your family's Easter traditions?  Do you have pictures to share from Easters past?  Come back and share pics for this year also!

easter eggholding easter egg

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:38 PM

We do an easter basket and maybe a new outfit to wear that day.  DD's birthday is 3 weeks before this year so not as elaborate.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Feb. 17, 2013 at 2:53 PM
We sometimes do bunny pic at the mall and outfits too..we do a baslet for both boys.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
MichelleK41
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 3:43 PM

We do our traditional Easter egg hunt, coloring of eggs, family dinner with being thankful. We'll do crafts just before as well. =)

PrincessZ20
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:06 PM

We take pictures, but that's about it :) 

We sometimes do an egg hunt in our yard if we're feeling motivated, and sometimes do activities with a playgroup. 

We've done baskets in the past, but I'm feeling pretty lazy this year, lol. 

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:10 PM

My youngest's is in April, so we sometimes run into that also.

Quoting frndlyfn:

We do an easter basket and maybe a new outfit to wear that day.  DD's birthday is 3 weeks before this year so not as elaborate.

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Those sound like fun things!  LOL  I can't imagine why you'd feel like relaxing a little!

Quoting PrincessZ20:

We take pictures, but that's about it :) 

We sometimes do an egg hunt in our yard if we're feeling motivated, and sometimes do activities with a playgroup. 

We've done baskets in the past, but I'm feeling pretty lazy this year, lol. 

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:11 PM

Sounds like a busy family day!

Quoting MichelleK41:

We do our traditional Easter egg hunt, coloring of eggs, family dinner with being thankful. We'll do crafts just before as well. =)

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:12 PM

I bet they are cute!

Quoting auntangelofsix:

We sometimes do bunny pic at the mall and outfits too..we do a baslet for both boys.

frndlyfn
by Bronze Member on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:14 PM
1 mom liked this

I am wondering if dd would take a picture with bunny or not.  She never has in the almost 7 years of her life.  My friend bought her a nice birthday dress/outfit so maybe this year we can get a pic of her with easter bunny.

MichelleK41
by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Oh yeah def., but fun. =)

Quoting TigerofMu:

Sounds like a busy family day!

Quoting MichelleK41:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)