Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

I do realize it's only February, but that's a short month that just flies by, so might as well be prepared!  Anyone do anything fancy for St. Patrick's Day? Do you wear green?  Make corned beef and cabbage?  Drink green beer?

st. patricks day

by on Feb. 17, 2013 at 1:43 PM
Replies (61-67):
TigerofMu
by Sonja on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:07 AM

What great tricks!

Quoting ivf_blessed:

In addition to wearing green, our little mischievous leprechaun visits and gets up to his old tricks like:

• Pees in the toilet but doesn't flush (green food coloring)
  • turns chairs around or puts them up on the table
  • unmakes their beds
  • hides their backpacks, toothbrushes and/or hairbrushes
  • takes bites out of their breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert when they aren't looking

Lucky for us, he leaves a gold coin each time he pulls a prank. =0)

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Feb. 21, 2013 at 8:07 AM

Parades are always a ball :).

Quoting mhmomma:

We will all wear green.  I am the only one that like corned beef so I wont even bother making it.  We will go to the local tow for a parade kids love that

Vertical15
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 10:23 AM

I just want to see some results! 

Quoting TigerofMu:

What an awesome plan!

Quoting Vertical15:

Our agreed upon plan is until the 22nd-when I leave for Paris.  I know I'm going to eat stuff I normally wouldn't while I'm there.

RobynS
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Green is my favorite color and I'm part Irish, so yes, I love St. Patty's! We usually have corned beef and cabbage and the kids and I wear green. Sometimes I make Irish soda bread.

DH is kind of a fuddy duddy. If he wore green on St. Pat's it would be by accident. :/

slw123
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

We don't really do anything fancy.  I do stock up on corned beef since it goes on sale.

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:15 PM

Good thinking!

Quoting slw123:

We don't really do anything fancy.  I do stock up on corned beef since it goes on sale.

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Feb. 21, 2013 at 3:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Green is my very favorite color also and I have a pretty Irish sounding maiden name :).  Last year I made Irish Soda Bread for hte first time. 

Quoting RobynS:

Green is my favorite color and I'm part Irish, so yes, I love St. Patty's! We usually have corned beef and cabbage and the kids and I wear green. Sometimes I make Irish soda bread.

DH is kind of a fuddy duddy. If he wore green on St. Pat's it would be by accident. :/

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)