when to call doctor or visit ER after child has been seen previously and currently on meds?
my 16 month old is being treated for an ear infection. she was originally brought to the ER for a high fever. she is currently on meds but its been three days. i cant get her fever to break. i have recorded it yesterday to be 104.3. my daughter is not her self, she is breathing faster than normal and often twitches when the fever is high, has diarrhea (but is also a side effect of the medicine) and is vomiting. i cant get her fever below 102 for 3 days now. will the doctor even do anything if she is already being treated? plus she is not keeping the antibiotics down. I'm currently trying to reach the doctors office but not sure if i should wait for an opening or go back to the ER, help please.