Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health
At the dentist . Does anyone else feel they are being screwed by the insurance.
by on Feb. 19, 2013 at 3:47 PM
Replies (11-20):
sagagirl
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:21 PM

good evening moms all over, 

so my original post was to get people's opinions, so thank you very much. what happened over my side is my dd is 7. Her first dentist totally screwed up her mouth and i had to find new one. however, if she has two cavities or any work that needs to be they make it into multiple appts. which maxed out my benefits quicker then normal. i spoke with insurance and they gave me a detailed explanation of why the dentist do this. Otherwise my insurance is pretty good to me. I think its the front desk girls at the office that get their facts wrong. thanks for all the responses. 

PrincessZ20
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:41 PM

Meh, it could be worse.  Ours covers preventative care 100%, then we have a $50 annual deductible, and it covers up to $1000 per year. 

copperswifey
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 9:42 PM

Not yet I don't :)

sagagirl
by on Feb. 20, 2013 at 10:12 PM

my deductible is 50.00 and 2000 max a year

Mom2wife1
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:24 PM

I was at the dentist last year and they told me they accepted my insurance. After the procedure I went out to pay and they told that they were mistaken and they did not take my insurance! I had to pay $600! Now my husband has a different job and better insurance but I definelty learned a lesson..

slw123
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Yes, but I think it's more the dentist screwing the insurance and then us getting screwed by them too.

Kainalu55
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:36 PM

not for regular checkups.  Fillings do cost a lot though

Samanthamommy
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:42 PM

Being screwed by the dentist yes, not the insurance.

Maddy12922
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 9:41 PM
Yes I do. We have 3 kids. Our insurance covers 2 cleanings per year. If anyone has cavities it hits us hard in the wallet. For example if one of the kids has small cavity it costs 100 bucks. Insurance covers 39 and we pay 60. If anyone needs extensive work like my son who needed ped dentist for 4 caps on teeth it was 600 dollars. We maxed out on his so when it was time for next cleaning we had to pay our dentist up front. All I can say is cut out pop and sugar. Thats what we are doing.
Kmakksmom
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this
We don't have to pay for much when we go. It's nice.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)