Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

JFF - What does your child's name mean?

Posted by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:57 PM
  • 32 Replies
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Vertical15
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 4:58 PM

My oldest is

Kristian - Greek, Follower of Christ

Micheal - Hebrew, Who is like God?

I wanted something different but not too much so I decided on Kristian but used the K to change it up a bit.  Michael is after my Dad who's first name is Micheal.

Vertical15
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:00 PM

My middle son is

Kaeden - Arabic, Companion

Christopher - Greek, Christ-bearer

Kaeden was just a name my husband and I saw online and we both liked it.  Christopher is my husband's first name and its a tradition in his family to give the first born son the father's name as his middle name. 

Vertical15
by on Feb. 21, 2013 at 5:05 PM

My youngest's is

Kowen - (well, Koen) means - Hebrew, High priest

Anthony - Latin, Greek, Praiseworthy (Latin), flourishing (Greek)

Kowen was found online.  It came from the Wookieepedia (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page) and on there it is - Kowen was a male Human, who worked for the Thaereian military as a spy. He was sent by them during the Clone Wars to Bayonard, on Cularin, as part of a team that included Garee, Yurge and JaxAnd Anthony is my FIL's middle name. 

cara124
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 8:47 AM

interesting ... I chose them because I like them.... didn't really look up the meanings ...

mhmomma
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:14 PM
First names were names I love and the middle names are family names.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
eema.gray
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Chancellor - lord (like lord of the manor)

Shulamit - peacefulness

Lilit - out of darkness

TerriC
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 12:26 PM
2 moms liked this

We chose the names just because we liked them.  Kaylinn, is a combination of 3 family names.  Kay (for my late Grandmother; that was her nickname), Linn for my Mom and MIL, both are Linda's, so hence the 2 N's in Linn.

Carissa came up as Greek meaning beloved.  Kaylinn came up with no matches.

2-point-doe
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:00 PM

My daughter:

1st name: natalie - born on christmas day (she wasn't) 
middle name: Ekkoe - (echo) means repeat but we based it on Ekho the greek mountain nymph who like the sound of her own voice and it is very fitting.

We wanted a middle name to have a meaning not jsut be a place holder like Ann, Lee, Mary, Rose etc. We wanted something classic and concservative for her first name. We chose not to name her until the day after she was born. I am glad we waited because our top choice was Joselyn and she did not look like a joselyn.

2-point-doe
by Bronze Member on Feb. 22, 2013 at 1:03 PM
2 moms liked this

Kay means rejoice
Lynn means waterfall

And Linda meants pretty

Since she is named after her grandmas I would say rejoice for grandmas, LOL

Quoting TerriC:

We chose the names just because we liked them.  Kaylinn, is a combination of 3 family names.  Kay (for my late Grandmother; that was her nickname), Linn for my Mom and MIL, both are Linda's, so hence the 2 N's in Linn.

Carissa came up as Greek meaning beloved.  Kaylinn came up with no matches.

egyptian_mommy
by on Feb. 22, 2013 at 10:17 PM
Ibrahim - father of nations.
It's the Arabic form of Abraham. It was dh's father's name which is why we chose it.

Jibril - the linked site doesn't even have it. It's the Arabic form of Gabriel. I loved the name Gabriel but with dh being Arab, we went with the Arabic form.

Mona - noble one.
We chose it because it was dh's late sister's name and it's a tribute to her. Dh also has an Aunt Mona so it's sort of a family name.

And for the lo on her way...

Hana - happiness, joy, bliss in Arabic.
We just like the name. We had narrowed it down to Nora or Hana for a girl and when I had my u/s and found out she is a girl, as I watched her on the u/s screen Hana just suited her.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN