Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ds has a rash--*UPDATE*

Posted by   + Show Post
I noticed 2 days ago my 16 month old's back is covered in red dots. They are slightly raised..almost like little pimples... ..*UPDATE: It is Monday the 4th and his rash is completely gone. Im still not sure why he had it. I plan on talking to his dr on Thursday about it at the appt.*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 7:37 PM
Replies (21-26):
countrygirlkat
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 3:08 PM
dusky_rose
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 6:54 PM

There is a rash going around here. It's called fifth's disease. Its really mild in children and causes a rash and slapped cheek appearance after cold like symptoms. Maybe that is what he had?

Symptoms usually appear 2 to 3 weeks after exposure to the virus. Early symptoms are similar to the flu-runny nose, sore throat, headache-and may be so mild that you don't notice them.

The rash camera comes several days later, first on the face and later over the rest of the body. It may be itchy. The rash usually fades within 5 days. For a few weeks, the rash may come back when you are out in the sun, get too warm, or are under stress. This doesn't mean the disease is worse.

http://children.webmd.com/tc/fifth-disease-topic-overview

Vertical15
by Vanessa on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:06 PM

I'm so glad to hear that its gone.  I would keep an eye on it and make sure nothing seems to set it off until then.

ZakkarysMom
by Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:26 PM
He didnt have anything on his face though. Its weird.. It was just his back.

Quoting dusky_rose:

There is a rash going around here. It's called fifth's disease. Its really mild in children and causes a rash and slapped cheek appearance after cold like symptoms. Maybe that is what he had?

Symptoms usually appear 2 to 3 weeks after exposure to the virus. Early symptoms are similar
to the flu-runny nose, sore throat, headache-and may be so mild that you don't
notice them.

The
rash camera comes several days later, first on the face and
later over the rest of the body. It may be itchy. The rash usually fades within 5 days. For a few weeks, the rash may come
back when you are out in the sun, get too warm, or are under stress. This doesn't mean the disease is worse.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dusky_rose
by on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Hmmmmm... my son has a rash on his chest today. Not sure what it is yet either. Maybe your son had a heat rash?

Quoting ZakkarysMom:

He didnt have anything on his face though. Its weird.. It was just his back.

Quoting dusky_rose:

Symptoms usually appear 2 to 3 weeks after exposure to the virus. Early symptoms are similar
to the flu-runny nose, sore throat, headache-and may be so mild that you don't
notice them.

The
rash camera comes several days later, first on the face and
later over the rest of the body. It may be itchy. The rash usually fades within 5 days. For a few weeks, the rash may come
back when you are out in the sun, get too warm, or are under stress. This doesn't mean the disease is worse.

Kmakksmom
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Rashes can be scary. I'm glad his wasn't very serious and was gone fairly quickly.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)