Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

Sinus infection vs colds

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:14 PM
  • 4 Replies
So after the whole stomach bug thing my daughter now has what might be a cold but could also be another sinus infection. She has them alot and i get confussed to know which is just her sinus or a cold. They say you can tell by the color of her snot but its not always true. When she gets like this which is alot she always on 6 different meds at once for about a week. When the allergy meds are not working to clear up all the muscus we end up at the doctors once again for a anitbiotic. After she takes that in 3 days the cough stops and she is good again. We were just at the doctors last month for the same thing and she was put on antibiotics. They told us we should take her to see an allergist. Im going to make the appointment but is anything going to be solved where she is not like this every month? Would having a air purifier in her room help? Something tells me were gonn be back at the doctors next week. This all started on monday. Sooo stressful.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
TigerofMu
by Sonja on Feb. 27, 2013 at 8:05 PM

It might, but I would definitely see an allergist, because the constant irritation might be what is giving her so many problems.

karamille
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 9:18 PM

Max had his adenoids out and does an daily Rx nasal spray.  Hasn't had another sinus infection since.  I haven't had a sinus infection for years since I started using Veramyst.  I would get colds, but they wouldn't go into sinus infections.  I ran out and hadn't been to the dr to get a refill.  I was off of it 3wks and had a sinus infection.  I'll make sure not to run out again.  

egyptian_mommy
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:09 PM
An allergist is a good idea.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
luckymommy1727
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:34 PM

My Daughter had her adenoids out in April and she hasnt been getting sick soo much like she use to. Now its just this sinus thing all the time. Its like it starts as a cold and turns into a sinus thing. We have been soo behind in bills and especially medical bills for my daughter. I want to make a appointment for the allergist but that gonna be a another huge bill. But the bills can wait even longer. If she needs to see a allergist she needs to see one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)