Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Kids' Health Kids' Health

March is National Reading Month

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:22 AM
  • 50 Replies
March is National reading month.

What are you reading right now? What kind of books do your kids like?

Do they read everyday?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
batjmom
by Sarah on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:30 AM
Tanner has a book report due so he is reading My side is the Mountain

Brett has a book report too and is reading Survivor.

TerriC
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:47 AM

Carissa loves to read.  They read a lot on their Kindles since getting them for Christmas.  They love the Wimpy Kid books and Carissa loves this book called Smile; it is about getting braces.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:52 AM
Tyler loves diary of a wimpy n other's like that.I am not reading a book my self but I'm reading to Jacob he looks the baby one but he is only 14 months old.
Vertical15
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:22 PM

Hilariously I'm reading the Twilight series!  I got it for Christmas.  I kept complaining that I saw all the movies but never read the books and that I'd like to so my in-laws bought them for me.

My oldest is reading something about tornados.  My younger two still need read to but I stick to simple books at my 5yo is learning to recognize letters.

batjmom
by Sarah on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:13 AM
Do they get library books to the kindles? That's what Brett does

Quoting TerriC:

Carissa loves to read.  They read a lot on their Kindles since getting them for Christmas.  They love the Wimpy Kid books and Carissa loves this book called Smile; it is about getting braces.

TerriC
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:16 AM

I don't know?  They do have a lot of books on them though.  More music than anything.  lol

Quoting batjmom:

Quoting TerriC:

batjmom
by Sarah on Mar. 2, 2013 at 10:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Our library has an online area and Brett can check them out and they go directly to his kindle. I'm actually online getting mine now

Quoting TerriC:

I don't know?  They do have a lot of books on them though.  More music than anything.  lol

Quoting batjmom:

Quoting TerriC:

TerriC
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 11:33 AM

Oh cool, I will look into that.

Quoting batjmom:

Our library has an online area and Brett can check them out and they go directly to his kindle. I'm actually online getting mine now

Quoting TerriC:

Quoting batjmom:

Quoting TerriC:

TigerofMu
by Sonja on Mar. 2, 2013 at 6:58 PM

Well that fits!  I read anything and everything.  I just finished my 3rd Jenn McKinlay book in about a week and my friend Kimberly Kincaid's new Novella, and I haven't started a new book yet, because my husband actually gets the weekend off and I am spending it with him!

PrincessZ20
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 7:32 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm reading the Maze Runner prequel - Kill Order.  I've actually managed to read the three original books in the series in the past month, so I'm rather pleased with myself, lol. 

Alex is just learning to read, but we read at bed time every night.  Right now we're reading one of the Dragonbreath books :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN